Just for Fun - Art Nouveau

Here we are again with Von taking us a little bit further back in time just a few decades and Art Nouveau.   The two styles Art Nouveau and last week's theme Art Deco are closely aligned in my mind.   Fair enough really, the first merged and evolved into the second.

For my DL card I used another candy win this one from Neet, the rubber had been removed from the wood so again no idea who made it.   It is very much French Nouveau with a scene looking into a party all rather Toulouse-Lautrec.   A little research into the style prompted the colour scheme hence the oranges and golds.   The stamped image has been mounted onto Gold Mirra card that is wider than the base card, the side of the Mirra card cut with a TH on the edge die.   The ribbon is of course chocolate box ribbon saved because it was just too good to throw away.

As always Von and Neet have made their own Art Nouveau samples, both  heaps better than mine it has to be said.  Please do visit us at Just for Fun and share your Art Nouveau projects with us.

As you might know I'm a big fan of ProMarkers used them for all the colouring on this card which I'm entering to I love ProMarkers anything goes challenge this week.

Comments

  1. gosh hun love this,very art nouveau just love it,hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, Fantastic card. Love everyting about.
      Having problems with comments - apologies.
      Regards Florence x

      Delete
  2. Hi Zoe, this is lovely. I am not really sure what constitutes art nouveau. I will look it up and maybe partipate if I have anything appropriate (lol) most likely.
    Hugs, chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and lots of noveau features on this card-love the edge die.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have to enlarge this image to appreciate it :) such an unusual stamp :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh fabulous image and i love that elegant border
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Zoe, and I really like the look of those on the edge dies - it finishes it off beautifully. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Zoe, you have been busy being creative and I especially like the one layer bird cards you made the other day

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Zoe, thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMarkers this week, please come back again soon. Andy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must have removed the wooden mount but never thought to note who made the stamp - sorry. Glad it came in useful for this theme of Vons. Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh la la, this is one fabulous stamp, a gorgeous card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx