News print on Watercolour board

There are some great challenges at Flying Unicorn enjoying exploring them.  Helps take my mind off other things like the job hunt that continues..

Anyway Feline Playful each week one of these talented individuals is featured as Artist of the Week.   The Challenge is to 'lift' one of their projects and this is mine for this week.   The Scrap book Page I've been inspired by, made by Shona sorry but i do not have her site address to share with you, is a halloween theme with gorgeous yellows, news print and torn papers.   I don't really do scrap book pages so started here with a 12" x 9" watercolour board and a picture of a Kestrel from the local paper.   Using modge podge news paper cuttings were stuck to the board, spray paint in Yellow and Orange sprayed over.   Stamping up papers torn to go over the board, the circular piece stamped with the butterfly, the image stamped again and the inner section cut out to sit on top.   A flower cut out from the same papers the various layers attached with more modge podge and again sprayed, this time Red was added to the mix.   La Plume solvent pens re-outlined the flower and butterfly.   More butterflies and dragonflies stamped over the piece and another butterfly die cut in red paper.   Metal flower on chain attached at the top and some silk flowers that have been in my stash forever added.   Think this one might just deserve a frame.

Also sharing this with Inspire me Fridays which is always 'Anything goes'.

Comments

  1. Terrific piece Zoe. Hope all is well with you. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx