Twofers - Things with Wings

On with my mission to make a pack of cards.



Time for a new challenge at Twofers, our 7th can you believe that.   Christi's turn to choose the theme and host the challenge and what a great theme.  Things with Wings, think we all love this one don't we?  So many ways to take it from airplanes to fairies, bats to bees.  Sent me scuttling back to the stamp stash and an old much loved Inkadinkado set and a dreamy bird.   The other stamp is another great favourite La Blance 2 beautiful dragonflies.   I also got to use my old Sakura glitter pens.


First card, now the 7 of hearts, I used a stencil with Adirondack ink and those much loved much used ink dusters.   The image overstamped in a sepia/brown.   Some of the circles in the image have been turned into hearts coloured with those gel pens, other pens coloured other parts of the image.


8 of hearts, the 8 coming from the number of wings.  Here I used a mixture of Whisper pens and the glitter pens just on the wings of the insects.   Last time I mentioned that the clover leaf I'd used for the clubs symbol would also make great little hearts and the theory was successful tested here.

As always Christi and Jane have produced great inspiring samples. Jane & I had a great time remembering the source of one of the stamps she has used.   If you have a moment please drop by and see what they have done.   You might fancy entering this one as well.

It turns out that Left of Centre also have a Things with Wings theme this week!  Gotta share with them don't I?  I'm also sharing my cards with Take it Make it (Craft Stamper Magazine) who's November challenge is to use rubber stamps in your project.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Zoe, the set must be starting to build up nicely now, with 14 cards already done.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much detail! I love how the number 8 represents your number of wings :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful altered playing cards... Thanks for playing with us at Left of Center this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous idea and lovely design! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!
    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamping & so fun to see the glitter pens in action again--I have a ton of them on my table!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx