Art in a bad mood

It is a kinda therapy.    Not in the best of places today but looking forward to meeting up with a friend for lunch tomorrow that'll set me right.

So looking to settle my mind today a visit to the craft room appealed.   It was certainly not going to be a "nice", or "pretty" this time expressive certainly.    The background is a Brushos laid down a couple of years ago and kept just in case.   The stamps are Indigo Blu and several years old.   Hot air ballon stamped in Archival black, the same ink used for the Victorian gentleman which was stamped on plain card and cut out.    ProMarkers used to add a couple of dashes of colour and blacken the inked image.

To give the ballon a little lift the right hand edge has been gilded with gilding flakes.   Finally some gold coloured wax was touched and dragged down the right hand edge of the tag and the right hand edge of the gentleman.   Oh yes nearly forgot 10 was added with more gilding flakes just because.


So not pretty but it helped and IRL I'm rather pleased with the results.   Why a tag?  just because they are a quick format that I quite like.

I wonder if these people will like it.

Craftaholics R Us - Wednesday weekly challenge with an Anything Goes theme.

I Love ProMarkers - Gosh I've been working with these pens for years now and they still my go to colouring medium.

Creates and Makes - This is a monthly challenge who currently have an Anything Goes theme.

Crafty Calendar - Another monthly challenge whose March prompt is Add a Tag or Make one.

Mix it up - This challenge is always anything mixed media goes, and their March prompt is Make your own Background.   Told you I'd seen this theme somewhere!

OK Mrs Grumpy here is going to have a cup of coco and watch some mindless TV.

Comments

  1. Fabulous tag. Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grungy effect and especially the added gold wax and the light touch with the flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's March "Anything Goes +Making Your Own Background" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MIUCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, I love the gold touches. Thanks for joining in this months 'Make a Tag' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx