Another experimental card

The boys made us proud to be English didn't they.   28 years since a British team made it to the World Cup Semi's.  I think they have done brilliantly, love the whole team spirit as well no media personalities or glamours wives there this time.  Football could be becoming a sport again!   Mind you I still don't "get it".

Sport for me is playing around in the craft room trying to see how different mediums and styles can be used in new/different ways.  Just had another idea as well that I will try tomorrow and report back to you on it.


This card came about with my continuing to experiment with mixed media on cards.  I also like the idea of mixing styles here grungy and some very cute kittens.  First Imagination Crafts starlight paint dragged over glossy card.   When it had dried the negative image stamp used over it with Black Archival ink.   The card was then trimmed to the size of the stamp, and attached to a pinkish card blank with DST.   Just to give it a little extra paper flowers were touched with the same paints, again I wanted a shabby/grungy look on something generally seen as pretty.   Glitter texture paste used to attach the layers of flowers and give them a coloured centre.

Successful experiment methinks.    Wonder what these folks will think of it.

The Crafty Addicts - All about Pets.

City Crafter - In he Pink.

Show us Your Pussycats - Anything Goes but must include a Cat.



Comments

  1. Successful experimenting indeed. Love how you dragged over the shiny paints over the gloss card, looks great....will be trying that. The negative stamping really sets it off. Pretty flowers and wonderful mixed media card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever technique with the glossy card and those sweet kitties look fur-bulous on there :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x
    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx