Crafty Week-end

Every year in the summer and again at the end of November a group of us meet up at Claxby.   Most of the girls sleep over from Friday afternoon until Monday morning but as I'm just 15 miles from there I come home.    The group started as paper crafters but over the years different crafts, techniques and styles have called to us.  

Most of the girls are skilled seamstresses, and cooks.  Crochet has become very popular in the last 2 or 3 years, but not with all of us!   As you know I've moved onto Jewellery making and recently returned to paper crafting.  What is so lovely about our group is the close and lasting friendships we have formed, these friends are all truly supportive and encouraging.

Initially on Saturday I made a bracelet, one of my friends laid claim to this before it was even finished.   Think I might have to make another one!




Another of us had been making really cute and quirky fairies.  I'm not one for fairies usually but these  are a little different.  So of course I had to make one for myself.  Started her there with the help of Caroline, completed her at home with flowers from my stash mountain and a glass bead.




Wire body covered with cross stitch thread, more of the same thread for her hair.  Cheap pound shop flower for her skirt.   Her wings are a white fibre fabric used for packaging.   Chameleon pens coloured her face and if my colour preferences were ever in doubt the thread I chose for her top match paper flowers at home that I had forgotten about, especially the one that became her head dress.

I'm sharing my flower fairy with

Country View Challenges - Among my favourite mixed media challenges this July challenge is themed "In the Summer Garden".   Where else would you expect to find a flower fairy?

A Inky Mess - This monthly challenge runs from the 25th of each month.  They are always Anything Goes with a leaning to altered art/mixed media.  They also have a DT call this month if anyone is interested in joining the team.

Love to Create - Creative Mixed Media is always in demand at this monthly challenge.

Altered Eclectics - Always Anything Altered Art, Mixed Media, Upcycling goes.  Just no Papercrafts that is to say no cards, tag, ATCs or projects of that kind.

Thank you again to the girls for a fabulous week-end and thank you reader for visiting.


Comments

  1. Sounds like a great get together and so much fun. Wow...what a wonderful bracelet, absolutely gorgeous. yes I am not one for fairies but yours is so contemporary and so unique that I love it x. You are so creative and clever x Thanks for sharing these photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet fairy Zoe, I too think they are in my garden! Thanks so much for joining in with my July In the summer garden challenge I am hosting over at Country View. Lovely bracelet too. Great to see you joining us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a fab time and I love your fairy, so cute and quirky! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and very creative. Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Sweet, thank you for joining the challenge on the We Love to Create blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx