More adventures with postcards

As we all continue to socially isolate here in the UK at least we have been bathed in glorious sunshine which makes staying at home easier don't you think?  Actually I'm sheltering indoors today as things got rather pink and a bit over warm yesterday!

Making and sending postcards has been one of the things I've been doing during our "lockdown".  The need to make them is what has reignited by paper crafting hobby.  Here then are some more of the postcards, each one is 6" x 4".  The colouring for each card is a combination of felt pens (these are actual postcards so anything that bleeds through is not suitable).  Adirondack and Distress inks applied with Inkylicious ink dusters, these are great because you can be as light with the colour as you want or just build it up to add depth.  The stamping has mainly been down with Archival inks.  Also as these have all gone in the post they had to be one layer, no restrictions on how inky or messy thank goodness.


This one was for one of my son's step sisters, she is alone with her teenage son as her partner is based away from home and so locked down somewhere else for the duration.   The "hello" is from a cover stamp set some years ago, you might have it tucked away somewhere as well.  Masked so the cat from Stampadorous could be added, then the grass cannot remember now which stamp that is from.   


This party animal is from an old wooden backed stamp of uncertain providence, the background is a Kaisercraft stamps repeated.   I thought he would amuse a friend who has two dogs one a Romanian rescue the other has been trained to visit care homes where the elderly residents enjoy petting him.  I suspect during this lockdown he is missing all the fuss he gets.


Finally, for now, another old wooden backed stamp I think it might be Personal Impressions but don't quote me.  Stamped and masked, the "sun" is from a Seth Apter grungy marks set and giving this loving pair a wall to sit on I used a favourite stencil.  You will have guessed that this went to a fellow cat lover who is struggling a little with the current situation.

I thought I'd share these 3 with you now and enter them into some challenges.

Craft Rocket Challenge - Furry Friends 
Stinkin' Inkers Challenge - Crafters Choice
Creative Knockouts - Friendship
SUYP - Must include a cat or cats Furrything goes

I feel something inky coming on, will let you know if it goes well.  Stay safe and remember we crafters can always find a way to HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Your post cards are so fun. Beautiful colors on each image. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful postcards and great images and colouring.Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are really great and I also love that super cute Doggy :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipients will be thrilled with these thoughtful postcards Zoe. In these times of lockdown it is a fabulous idea to send these and bring a smile to their faces x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx