A New Journal

A couple of years ago I discovered Eileen Hull dies.  Aren't they fun?  Anyway I got a couple and then stopped crafting until now!

Journalling has become a very popular past time and is an interesting way to record all sorts of things.  I don't specifically keep a journal but do fill sketch books with doodles and maybe that is not so different.  Anyway I thought it might be fun to make one using one of Eileen Hull's dies.

Journal Front Cover



 Journal Closed

Full Cover


The Cover is die cut out of watercolour paper decorated with Brusho's.  The sticker letters are something I've had for a long time but I didn't want to stamp on the cover so used them.   The eye glass is a Tattered Angels element, it probably was not thought of as a eye glass by them but it expresses the idea of looking at life here, the "lens" is a scrap piece of vellum.

The ribbon is another previously un-used item secured with double sided tape and I've used jump rings as a fastening.   The pages are cut down from some coloured A5 sheets Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green.  They are held in place with twisted sari silk.

All I have to do now is decide how to use it!

Sharing this with

Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (weekly)
Arty Divas - Always Anything Goes (fortnightly)
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - June Anything Goes 
Mini Album Makers - Any Handmade book (monthly)












This one was fun so I hope you have enjoyed visiting and seeing it today.  Stay safe, Keep well, & HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. This looks fab, I do love making Junk Journals

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous mini album.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. All mixed media and glorious and I love it! Enjoy using it Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx