Circles

It's been a busy morning washing and shopping and very domesticated, it has left me in a place not at all creative.   Believe me I've tried but the muse is taking a day off.  So I'll just share what I came up with yesterday.





Twofers is a challenge I've often looked at but this time their challenge of circles/bubbles really appealed so for the first time I'm joining in.  

The stamp I've used for both cards is Woodware "Bubble Bloom".  

The Top card started with the very elegant and satisfied looking cat from I think Creative Expression. It must be a she and she was stamped then masked.  Sections of the stamp were covered so only the one bubble bloom was inked and applied on the left as you look at the card.  Stamp cleaned and recovered so a different bubble bloom could be stamped.  where the swirls did not quite touch a fine liner pen used to connect them.    Taking full advantage of the inbuilt blender the bubbles ad cat were coloured with Chameleon Pens.  While the cat was still masked DI were blended over the back ground with Inkylicious Dusters.  

Not sure if I would have a background or not on the second card the full image was stamped first.  Then deciding a background was required each bloom and leaf had to be fussy cut with masking paper.   A new to me stencil provided the background with 2 shades of DI and those ink dusters again.  Chameleon pens coloured the image in.  When it was complete it still felt a little flat so some silver colour gilding flakes were added to the leaves and small circles in the middle of each bubble bloom.
I was sure there was another challenge looking for circles but cannot now find it.  If I do and it is not to late I'll add my cards to it.   In the mean time
NBUS - This time my never before used item is the stencil background for the second card.







So now I'll live in hopes the inky urge returns soon.   In the mean time; keep well, stay safe and HAVE FUN.

I knew there was another Circles Challenge and now I've found it again.  The Paper Girls it is a scrapbook challenge but as it is also just for fun I'm hoping they will not mind!




Comments

  1. Hi Zoe! I'm loving this bubble bloom image and how you've used it for your two designs! The backgrounds on both are stunning and I love your coloring! That kitty cat is looking like quite the diva surrounded by pretty pastels and your masking of your flower in order to add your great stencil background was very well done! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28 and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a very self satisfied cat! Love the bubble blooms stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative andI love how you incorporated the 'circles' in both of your beautiful cards x. The backgrounds and colours are wonderful x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a wonderful twofer! I love the bubble blooms and the background. The cat is adorable and your colours are so pretty:) x Jenny GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful and bubbly stamp! I love the graphic look of it, and how it plays so well on both of your cards. Your birthday card is adorable with its pretty background and that very satisfied cat (another great image!). Your 'with love' card is very pretty. I like the stenciled background you've created and the use of those rich purples makes that bloom really pop. Two great cards. Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a fabulous way to use circles! Thanks for sharing it in the PaperGirls challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx