Delicious Cool Colours

Bit of a hiccup yesterday with the laptop, had to delete my son as a user and it is all OK again.  Well at least for now.  Bob (son) says it is all to do with Mars being in retrograde!  He is going to keep a low profile for the next 3 weeks he says!   HELP!!!

Thank goodness he will have the kitchen to play in while I make all the mess I want in the craft room.  These two came out of there yesterday morning after my Mojo returned and some challenges tickled her.


First a Post Card (4" x 6") and a stampin' up set I've not used before.   The thing with taking a break from paper crafting is that you have things that remain un-used and you still go to shows etc where you buy even more.  The more interesting aspect is that on your return you use them differently than you might have done in the past.

Challenges this is a response to:
Less is More - Solid and Outline (fortnightly)
Addicted to CAS - One Layer (fortnightly, challenge now taking a 6 month break)
Sweet Stampin' - Got the Blues (weekly)



This next card also features un-used Stampin' up images the bird and sentiment.   It took a while to get this as I wanted it.  First I had to find the best White on Craft, the final choice white ep over silver ink.  Next find some Turquoise card after lots of consulting with Bob and also comparing card colours with a Turquoise earring I settled on the two used.   Everything cut to 4" squares and then layered just so, the first layering was not right and so I had to start all over again.

Main element finally sorted the white base card looked naked.   One of my felt pens is called Turquoise, it was applied directly to the stamps used.  Still not entirely satisfied casting around for the finishing touch a strip of self adhesive pearls that must be 10 years old if they are a day, offered themselves up.

Challenges that inspired this:
Just us Girls - Turquoise, Kraft, White (weekly)

Alphabet Challenge - F is for Flora or Fauna (fortnightly)
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes + a Sentiment (fortnightly)

Cards completed, pictures taken the computer decided not to play nicely.  Hay ho all sorted now and I think I might be popping out to get a new one anyway!

Keep well, Stay safe & Have Fun



Comments

  1. Two fab makes though I particularly like the first one which is perfect for your chosen challenges

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful crisp clean design, lovely stamps! It's perfect for our 'Got the blues' challenge at Sweet Stampin' -thank you for playing along.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beauties, the blue shades and layout on the first are gorgeous and your stamped image on the second stunning, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards. Great stamping and images. I love the flower one as I always seem to not stamp where I am suppose to and I love this look. Great off stamping and color. I love it.. The bird is awesome and fun layout. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely outline and solid first card, so glad your mojo came back! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Zoe but extra loving the first one and how you stamped it x. Had a little chuckle about your son x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous creations! I love how you used the colors for our challenge this week with the white embossed bird and sentiment paired with the turquoise and kraft. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really lovely cards. I like the added little details on the kingfisher card. It finishes it off beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful one layer card. Love the monochromatic color scheme. Perfect for both Addicted To CAS OLC and for Less Is More Solid and Outline! Thanks for playing both challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx