Hello, me again

Do you look at the many and various challenges that there are for us paper crafters and take inspiration from them?  Or do you make something you need and then find challenges it will fit?  A mix of both maybe?

I'm often motivated by challenges and often cannot move on until I've made the project they have inspired.  There can be several in mind which will keep me occupied in the craft room for a whole day or more.  Today I'm sharing 3 such cards.


The first one is my response to AAACards and their graphic prompt.  As soon as I saw this I knew which stamp I wanted to use, this pretty little bargain bin butterfly.   The colours took a little while to work out.  The inspiration picture has wonderful colours especially those on the butterfly itself.  So in the end I stamped my image 3 times and then heat embossed it with black fine detail powder.  Then for the top and bottom used both Promarkers and Chameleon pens to colour them.












I'd also like to share this with Moving Along with the Times whose theme this month is Things with Wings.


The theme for the next card is Berries set by Addicted to CAS.  For this card I used another Penny Black stamp from their brushstrokes range.  Using my trusty Whisper Pens colour was applied directly to the rubber stamp giving the impression a watercolour feel.   The sentiment is from Hero.


I'm also sharing this with Crafty Catz whose challenge this week is Anything Goes with a CAS twist.


The last card is for Mixed Media Academy.  Their mood board spoke loud and clear.   This stamp is from Stampington & Company and is called Swan Lake.   Stamped in black Archival ink onto red paper and then die cut.  Grey card was used for the next die cut, the two dies came from different sets that are complimentary to each other.  These are then layered onto a linen texture black base card with sticky pads.  Suspending a little charm of ballet shoes on grey ribbon with another piece of ribbon in a bow at the top just seemed to lift the whole.

I'm also sharing this card with Gem of A Craft Challenge which is always Anything Goes.

Keep well, Stay safe, and HAVE FUN



Comments

  1. simple and beautiful, lovely cards, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous Card.
    But as per our rule, we do not accept Cards, tags and Atcs as of now.
    Thank you for entering the challenge. Hope you we'll come up with some twist challenges soon and you can participate there. Also we would love to see if you can make something in line with our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and I love your bargain bin butterfly! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your butterflies are a side view just like the inspiration pic! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe,
    what a very gorgeous stamped image of that beautiful Butterfly
    Love the CAS design and your colouring is brill.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with 'Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog'; it fits perfectly with our 'Things with Wings' challenge theme. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely! I liked the little ballerina. Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Academy challenge. All the best.

    Cheers,
    Priyanka Srivastava
    DT (MMA)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three marvellous CAS projects Zoe. The butterfly card is particularly pretty with a great design. I think I have at last caught up now after a busy spell at home. I haven't tried the new blogger as yet....it is on my 'to do' list x. Keep well and Safe and hope your son is on the mend? x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card. i liked the stamped images on your card. thank you for joining our monthly challenge.
    asha kunchinadka
    admin team member MMA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful ❤
    Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Academy.

    DT
    Mixed Media Academy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an interesting card! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Academy this month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx