Its a heat wave!

How wonderful to know it will be hot for the next couple of days .......... not.  I am not a fan of hot weather it does not agree with me.  The chef on the other hand is loving it he has a blanket laid out there and a cushion so he can take the boot off.   Wretch  does not burn but just goes brown without an intervening red stage.   If I had not done our DNA I'd question his being my son hahaha.

This year U've discovered Yellow!  Previously it has been part of the pallet but not on my monochrome radar.  A couple of challenges already over the last few weeks have opened my eyes and mind to the opportunities it offers.


Lots of layers of yellow here!  Firstly a triangle mask was cut and laid over my postcard.  Squeezed Lemonade DI brushed over it to give the first layer.   Then a square shadow stamp with Adirondack Sunshine placed over it.  Next another shadow stamp this time with Brilliance Yellow.   Then in Coffe the outline of a cat stamp.

This card was inspired by:
AAA Cards - A CAS challenge One Corner and twist of mask. (fortnightly)
Allsorts - Pets (weekly)

Inkspirational - Yellow Paint Photo
Nearly forgot, not sure if it is the heat to blame or my age or that I am just forgetful!
Less is more - Solid and Outline (fortnightly)



Cool Colours Blue and Green are much more my thing!


This card makes use of many shades of blue.  A piece of blue paper left over from a previous project stamped with some script.  Another "scrap" this time designer paper cut to overlay the first piece and the full side of the base card, stamped with a Penny Black quote.   The stamp of 3 butterflies just fits neatly into the corners.  The mannequin tag is Kraft painted with Blue Distress Paint, stamped with Silver ink and covered with Blue Glass EP.   Finally a little fussy cut vellum butterfly stamped in black.  All the blue stamping used Versamark Majestic Blue.

Challenges in mind:

International Art & Soul - Mainly Blue (fortnightly)

Sweet Stampin' - Feeling Blue (weekly)

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Always anything goes with snippets (fortnightly)

Well the chef made a gorgeous ratatouille for dinner and i promised to clean the kitchen for him.  Actually it is quite scary watching him hop around at times.  So for now Stay safe, Keep well, & HAVE FUN.  Soon you will be able to get a hair cut!!! yippee


Comments

  1. Beautiful monochromatic cards- fabulous stamping! The yellow corner design is gorgeous totally CAS- I so admire the ability to leave well alone, I wish I could!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate those people who bypass the red stage, all of my offspring and hubby are the same yet I go red, red and then red again.

    A very stylish CAS creation for our 'Pets' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering effect on your first 'yellow' postcard and so geometric in design...fabulous x.
    Great combination of stamping and the die cut on your gorgeous mainly 'Blue' card Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've embraced the yellows and built up your stack in the top corner. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards! I like how you used a monochromatic look and I particularly like the corner design on the first one. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspiraitonal!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards Zoe - your snippets entry is wonderful with all the lovely blues - works so well! And that's such a great sentiment.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cat stamp and card, perfect for our outline and solid theme over at Less is More. Thanks for playing!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funky, artsy and interesting card for our solid and outline challenge at Less Is More. Thanks so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful and lovely card you created using various blues. I like the dress form and the beautiful butterflies and sentiment. Thank you for joining our Challenge at International Art & Soul.
    Debbie DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool use of yellow and a great take on our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx