Rhapsody in Blue

Hello, how are you?  We are here not doing a lot my son the Chef with a broken heel is once again king of the kitchen.  Frankly if he wants to eat home cooked food he has no choice as I don't bother about it and actually the "kitchen" is somewhere for me to play with silver solder or glass fusing or similar crafts that need to be near water or a microwave.   Not doing a lot of that lately as he now has a card table set up in the kitchen with a straight back chair so he can chop and prepare sitting down.

This means that I have to confine myself to my craft room! but hay I do get to eat some very nice food.

My little offering today is a converted wooden camembert box.  I do like a bit of camembert and these round boxes are great to up-cycle.


Lots of goodies and layering here with wooden elements, paper flowers, lace, tissue tape and of course the blue felt butterfly.  All things that have been in my stash forever.  Once assemble and the glue was dry the piece was blasted all over with various blue Glimmer Mist sprays.  Once again it had to be allowed to dry then Indigo Blu Snow White metallic paint stroked over the top.  There were a couple of spots of the lid that had not taken the colour so a few small flowers have been added.

I just love messy inky projects like this but have to be in the right place to make them work.  This was a good day's work.

Sharing this with:
Creative Friday - Wood (fortnightly)  A nice JFF challenge.
Creative Fingers - Always Anything PaperCraft Goes (fortnightly)
Arty Divas - Always Anything Goes (fortnightly)


The sun came back today, now I really should get out and cut the green stuff it does not deserve to be dignified with the word grass hahaha

Here is the chef in his element and my tiny kitchen.



Stay safe, keep well & HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. Beautiful creation, it's beautiful. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog
    Happy crafting
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous monochrome recycling love all the texture and elements added-I love your interpretation of a kitchen lol and sounds perfect-crafting and been served with home cooked food lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, love a bit of home cooked food (that I DIDN'T have to cook)! Lovely make too, Zoe

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how stunning! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely project. Perfect up-cycled. Many thanks for sharing your art work at Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked like you had fun with this one Zoe. It is a work of art, so textural and the tones of the blues look so pretty along with the pop of green x. Great recycling too x. Thanks for sharing the photo of the 'Chef' x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a showstopper! Great idea about the camembert box, too - need to remember this one ;-)
    Thanks for showing this inspiration at Creative Friday, love, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome upcycling project! love the blue color ♥
    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & good luck!
    Sorry for the late comment ♥ DT Tindaloo
    PS: There is a sweet blogcandy on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx