Shaving Foam Technique

Found my old can of shaving foam the other day and had a great time yesterday using it to create colourful backgrounds.  If you have not tried this technique it is great fun.

Place a squirt of shaving foam in a flat bottom wide top dish, I use a baking tray.  Add your colour mediums, ink refils, Inkabilities, sprays, or as I did yesterday Brusho.   Fold the colour into the foam add another colour and fold again, repeat until you have all the colour you want.  Continue to fold until the colours are mixed across the foam.   Place your card over the foam and press down apply pressure until foam is spreading out from under the card.  Lift the card and with a flat sided scraper of some kind remove the foam from the card surface, you will see how the colour has marked the card.   Set this aside to dry.  You can use the foam again and again.


For my background I used Purple, Blue, Teal/Turquoise and Yellow.  Embossing paste pushed through a stencil, sorry no idea where/when I came by the stencil.  This piece cut down to fit on a card from, a piece of yellow DP cut to fit just behind it.   After much thought and faffing I finally chose the paper rose.

I'm entering this to;

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (weekly)
Always Fun - Anything Goes (weekly)
613 Avenue - Create a Blended Background, 3rd entry (monthly)

Well we are promised a break in this hot weather, I know it has only been around for 3 days that is still more than enough for some of us.   Stay safe, Keep well & HAVE FUN x



Comments

  1. I have done this technique before but never with brusho's Zoe, so it's on my to do list.....Vibrant and wonderful creation x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. I haven't used shaving cream in years. I do remember doing it and using a knife to run it back and forth through the shaving cream to get a marbled look. That was a fun memory reading your story of doing it. So glad you shared your awesome card over at Always Fun challenge. Have fun creating. Be safe and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome technique! I am a Brushos fan but confess I hadn't thought to do this, will now!#
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I want to try this technique but haven't had the courage. Maybe next week! Thanks for a wonderful submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been chosen as a TOP ROCKER for the week of June 21 - 27, 2020 at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks for your awesome submission and for your support! Please stop by our blog and grab your Top Rocker Badge!
    THE RESIDENT DESIGNERS
    613 AVENUE CREATE CHALLENGE BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx