The restfulness of silence

No music boom boom booming away in another room.  No-one going on and on about their latest obsession (crypto currency trading if you are interested).  Just the wind blowing around out side, the snore of a sleeping cat.  Peace and stillness, I feel guilty for feeling good but thankful to be at this point.

A couple of months ago I started making next years calendar and this is Mays page.


The base page is another from my session with shaving foam, it was the last one and you can see how the colours were getting blurred and muddy.   The topper is a die cut using the largest die in the set.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado and is several years old now.

I love this image the sketched appearance, the humming bird and flower motif so pretty.  Having never seen a humming bird or the flowers they feed on, my colouring might be all wrong.  I used the brush end of felt pens as i wanted a water colour effect to go with the sketch design.  Once coloured a scrap of yellow DP provided a mat to separate the topper from the base.

Checking the layout I realised it looked to flat so on some left over white card i stamped the image again and fussy cut out the section of 3 flowers and the bird in one piece.  This has been carefully layered over the topper with different height sticky pads.  You can also see that the whole image did not fit onto the die cut, the wings and tail of the bird now overhang it.

One challenge I want to share this with is As You Like It and their theme of Digi or Rubber and why?
1. Long Term Rubber is less expensive (the cost of inkjet ink is prohibitive)
2. The quality of the paper/cardstock you can use, a printer unless it is an expensive laser all singing all dancing one, restricts the weight of your paper.
3. Quality of impression with rubber it is pretty much down to you and how well you impress, once again it is the quality of the printer with digi.
4. For me inking the stamp, choosing which ink(s) to use and the physical act of pressing it onto the surface is a significant part of the whole process.  It is the act of stamping as much as colouring that connects me to the piece I am making.
The list is much longer but points 1 - 4 give you a taster!

Also sharing this with:
Sweet Stamping - Create your own Background (weekly)

Inkspirational - Prompt word "sketch" (fortnightly)

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Always anything goes with snippets.  Any you should see the prize on off this fortnight oh yes fingers crossed for this!

Right I need to go to the shops now, stay safe, keep well & Have Fun x

Comments

  1. Totally love how you layered this beautiful card. Love the bird and gorgeous colours too.
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're in a Happy Place Zoe.....Enjoy the peace and stillness.
    Wonderful design Zoe and the dimension looks great and so are those beautiful flowers and hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Zoe, fabulous stamps and beautiful background- thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' , it's perfect for this week's challenge.
    I tried the shaving foam technique with my granddaughters last year...out in the garden. We made some lovely backgrounds - the cream cushion on my garden chair still has a pretty and colourful marbled patch where Ruby dropped her still wet paper!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely page ready for next May. Loved reading your reasons for using rubber stamps, they really do lend themselves to multiple uses. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours on your lovely page and great reasons for preferring rubber stamps. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shaving foam background and your gorgeous colouring on the bird and flowers. I was interested to read about why you prefer rubber- I love both. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous Zoe - and well done on being first into the Playground! Ages since I did shaving foam backgrounds - lovely rich colour(s)

    Sorry for my lateness commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx