With Father's Day just round the corner

There are a plethora of Masculine themed challenges so here are a couple of cards with a strong masculine feel.


1st up this fabulous Owl stamp from Crafty Individuals which came with a recent magazine.  Isn't he fabulous?  Stamped onto a piece of sticky back cork apart from a few touches of colour for his plumage nothing else was needed.  The card base is cream linen card-stock very lightly dusted with green.  The banner  is a scrap piece of Foamiran.

Entering this into:
Creative Inspirations - Let's hear it for the Boys (monthly) 
Crafty Gals Corner - Your the Man (monthly)
Cardz 4 Guyz - Father's Day (fortnightly)


The second card started with the die cut mat and border.  This is another piece of watercolour paper I've used to play with my Brusho's and then set aside.  It has such strong colours and a fabulous grungy feel that I had to use TH stamps.  White base acrd coloured with DI to work with the brush colours.  I always use Inkylicious Dusters with my distress inks they give a subtle colouring that can be built up and blended easily.  The ballon stamp also TH used directly onto the coloured background and then the colours picked out and strengthened with my Whisper felt pens.   Those pens have been by my hand for many years now and I would be lost without them.

Challenges for this card:
Try it on Tuesday - Make it Masculine (fortnightly)
Dragonfly Dreams - Make it Masculine (monthly)
The Paper Girls - Their colour theme strongly influenced my decision to make this card using that Brushoed paper at this time.   I adore their pallet this time. (fortnightly)
Well it's 8p.m. and pouring down so we are sitting here listening to an old CD Images KNCD16001 relaxing.  Keep well, stay safe & HAVE FUN.




Comments

  1. I love this vibrant masculine card! Brushos make such great impact! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. I also love your owl card! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you could stamp on the cord piece, that's every interesting. Thank you for sharing your creating at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous masculine cards, Zoe! I love the owl stamped on cork, I didn't know you could do that! Fabulous work!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cork works so well as a background for your stamped owl. The texture of the cork really adds some dimension.
    Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards! I would have never thought to stamp on cork, that is excellent. And the bright, yet grungy, watercolors on the second card is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining the colour challenge with the Paper Girls Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous masculine project, thanks so much for linking to TIOT, much appreciated! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cork and the stamping and both projects are wonderfully masculine Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. Thank you for joining in Dragonfly Dreams masculine challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx