Yellow, Blue & Green

Good afternoon, how do we all feel about new blogger?  I was OK with it until the changes to adding a picture that has driven me running and screaming back to Legacy.  On the little paragraph about it on the blog dashboard page they say give them feedback, I'd love to but how the read a little  more link takes you to a non interactive page.  We know they will sort it out and in the fullness of time it will make our blogging experience better, well unless you want to write your blog in code that is.  But the policy of "It ain't broke so lets break it then we can fix it" is driving some of us sane!  Trust me a sane me it not someone you want in your life hahaha

So in legacy here are a couple more projects to delight you with.

Yellow and Blue was a bit of a theme in blogland recently I think I might have missed the boat which is a pity because it is a great combination that just had to wait it's turn.


It is probable that these 2 Anita stamps are around 25+ year old.  In the days before polymer stamps Anita was the budget range but they are great for simple CAS style projects.   Stamped in black Memento ink and coloured with ProMarkers.  

Reminds me of the postcards you used to buy at the seaside little picture and room for the address so you could put your message on the back.   I grew up in a seaside town so saw a lot of them in the bucket and spade shops on my walk to the beach.

Sharing this with
My time to Craft - Summertime (fortnightly)
Passion for ProMarkers - Blue and Yellow (weekly)


My other project is not as inky messy as you might expect from me.  I have made up an Imagination Crafts storage box.  

One of the delights of coming back to "paper" crafting after a long break is re-discovering everything and seeing it all with fresh eyes.  Yes my style has changed slightly so I am doing things a little differently than in the past and that is a pleasure as well it means that I'm not is a style rut.


MDF storage caddy slotted together and that was a faff.  Painted all over with white gesso.   Had intended to use my green chalk paint but it had completely hardened in the tub, a downside to the same long break.   The blue tub is going the same way but I was able to spread some over the outside of the box, it was a bit like spreading butter.   I used Deco Art paint for the inside handles and the dowling.  The sides of the inside are lined with some printed paper from my paper mountain I just love Chinese calligraphy.

The outside border is white card punched with the Martha Stewart Crafts punch and then coloured with Green chalk cats eye ink pads in the direct to paper technique.  Old stash Prima flowers and Viva Gloss Gel dots.  

I'm really doing a lot of digging around the older stash now.  Do you have that older much loved crafty things that have simply been buried and forgotten as newer crafty bits have come along?

Anyway sharing my box (which will be used to store completed card projects) with:

Creative Craft Cottage - Eileen's Anything Goes  (monthly)
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes (fortnightly)
Crafters Castle - Always Anything Goes (monthly)

OK the chef is busy and there are some delightful smells coming from the kitchen.  In the craft room there is something covered with Powertex I've left to dry best check on that.

Keep well, stay safe & HAVE FUN



Comments

  1. A lovely CAS card Zoe. The images are so cute and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe, yes not got used to the changes but its all kinda new for me too as i have recently gotten back to preferring blogging than any other social platforms. So gently i go back into blogging and back to basics with my art too, Believe it or not, i am back to doing lots of smaller art too. Its good to see your blue and yellow piece, yes definitely postcard from the seaside. Maybe that should have been your title ? Where did you live ? which seaside ? Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super CAS design! I'm a little late but thank you for joining in our challenge at Passion for Promarkers, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 12 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I love how you have everything to one side bundled together and have all that white space. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty CAS design and a colourful and creative caddy Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work! The colors are great! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx