Another Day at the Funny Farm

The cats continue to squabble and find new ways to wind each other up.   New watch spot for Miss Minx the back patio has a wall with those decorative bricks in.   The bricks are at just the right hight for her to sit and watch the back door without being seen.  I don't think Harley has figured that one out yet.  The grass cutter did not especially bother her the where about of him did.  The green stuff has been trimmed that was a chore and a half involving both mower thing and strimmer thing, the bees will just have to make do with the border or the front of the house.   The front of the house is a weedy desert, I did have a landscaper gravel it but the weeds round here are tough.  The good thing about them is how much the birds and the bees like them.   I get visits from sparrows, often the young ones.  Gold Finches, Black Birds and Pied Wagtails.   No way am I tidying it up with visitors like that!  Harley likes to sit on the windowsill watching them and they are quite safe the cats do not like walking on the gravel.


Of course the craft room has been visited as well, hahaha


If a thing does not work save it for another day.  The stamped background here is part of a much larger stamped image that had been intended for a challenge with the theme of Wind.  However it did not workout as intended and that challenge has long since ended.    With the recent re-discovery of some pearlised card blanks a fresh idea came to me.  The stamped card has been cut down and turned into this.  The bird on top is from Inkylicious I think it is a sparrow but I've used artistic licence and the colours of a Bull Finch for this card.   Shock horror the quote has been printed off!   I just liked the idea of a pink feather so added it.

Now it can be shared with;
Allsorts - I spy with my little eye something beginning with B. Bullfinch, Bird & Blue (weekly)
Creative Fingers Challenge - Always Anything Goes (usually fortnightly but this one is 4 weeks)
Creative Moments - Always Anything Goes this month no twist (monthly)




This card was a clear and simple response to CAS on Friday.  They are always looking for CAS crds and this fortnight their prompt is "Anything but White".  Green card, with a fancy edge punched out.  Kraft flourish die cut.   Craft Stamper cover stamp for eons ago stamped in green onto kraft card.   Sentiment stamped in same Kaleidacolor Fresh Greens.

Got some new structure/dimension/texture/embossing paste yesterday so I'm off now for a messy experiment will report back if/when I have a result to show you.

Stay safe, keep well & HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. Your green card is so fresh and cheerful! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx