Beach-combing

Just walk along any stretch of coast line and you will find magic.  Here we are very lucky and sometimes even find chunks of Jet that have been washed up.  Oh yes it is not just Whitby where this fossilised wood is found but along quite a wide area of the North East Coast.   There is a Silversmith just a few meters back from the shore line in Cleethorpes who gather and use Jet.   If you are interested it is Coastal Silver and you will not meet a nicer family.

Of course on your beach walk you will expect to find shells and quite a few feathers.


So when Paperminutes posted their challenge of "# 649 Feathers" I knew it was one for me but it was not until Cardz4Galz posted theirs "#126 Sea Shells" that the design settled.

The shells stamp is from Craft Box coloured with Chameleon Pens.  The feather was a magazine cover stamp circa 2014 by Hot off the Press.   The background is the old smooch technique with DI pads on a mat strayed with water and then the card moved around over the ink.  I just wanted the whole thing to focus on the shells and feathers with a diffused abstract background.

The weather forecast for today is quite good so I'm off to enjoy it.  Oh yes there is a race again today so best get out door things sorted before then!  Stay safe, keep well, & HAVE FUN



Comments

  1. The subtle background sure does show off those pretty shells and feathers Zoe. It must be fun finding the odd piece of Jet and I hope you enjoyed the motor racing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sea shells! I feel as if I'm right there. Thanks for playing along with Cardz 4 Galz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea to put feathers with your shells. You are right. They are often found side by side. I am missing the seaside. It will be September before I get to see the sea this year. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx