Doing more of what I enjoy

Sharing a Mixed Media piece today that has been gradually worked on over the last few days.   If I try to approach something with a complete layout in mind it tends not to work.  So the base, in this case A4 grey board, a sheet of rice paper and some stencil embossing, were the starting point.   Everything else is built up and evolves on that base.


Perhaps the trickiest part was die cutting the sticky back cork, you have to use wax paper or the die destroys the cork sheet.  Then removing all the little elements without tearing the cork takes time and patience.  Various mediums used here as well, Imagination Crafts Starlight Paints, and Alchemy Wax, The stencil is from them as well.  Dreamweaver crackle embossing paste and Glimmer mists.  The torn tag held in the clip stamped with Versafine and them given a covering of Distress Inks.

As soon as it felt balanced and right I stopped.  Now I would like to share it with:

Mix it Up - #39 Anything Goes + Open Technique Is Mixed Media a Technique?

More Mixed Media - Anything Goes + option to use Pastel.  I didn't break the pastel chalks out for this one, perhaps I should have?

Creative Crafters - #30 Anything Goes

Crafting Happiness - #58 Always Anything Goes

Creative Artiste - #62 Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

Right it is nearly time for a Pretty Gets Gritty class at Craftworld so you know where I'll be for the next hour, right here in front of my computer!  Stay Safe, Keep Well & HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Nicely done. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Challenge blog owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it shows, this project ROCKS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip about cutting cork and your mixed media creation is fabulous Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous vintage looking project. Great depth to the gorgeous background and lovely details.
    Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Mix It Up Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MIUCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx