I do like to be beside the sea


That's a fact.  Although born in Lancashire (St. Annes) most of my childhood memories are of the south coast, Hampshire and Dorset, where we moved when I was about 8.   Today I live in the East Midlands, Grimsby to be precise and delight in walking and cycling on the banks of the Humber.

Well with a pedigree like that on seeing the Tag Tuesday prompt for this fortnight I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  Did I have a simple stamp of a yacht?  Yes the perfect image in part of a magazine cover set from a couple of years back.


Here is the how.   Image stamped and then masked.  Big and Juicy baryered over for the water, DI used for the initially blue sky.  Over the blue Yellow, Orange, Pink and Purple have been dusted.  Next felt pens touched over, used a water brush to try to soften it and discovered this card stock does not like water!  My first reaction was "oh poo, ruined it", not wanting to give up to easily I played a bit more with the felt pens and realised that they add rather than distract.

All I had to do then was remove the mask and colour the little sailing boat, and add some white pen marks for the horizon and wake around the vessel.

Sharing this tag with

Tag Tuesday - The sea (fortnightly)
Time out - Peaceful (fortnightly)



Comments

  1. Beautiful tag, sailing boats and sunlit seas are always special. Grimsby is a nice place, we often went for a trip there when I was living in Lincoln. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and adorable!
    I like the colours so much.
    All the best!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a peaceful scene. The colours blend so well and I think the felt tip works really well. And the colours of the boat add a lovely contrast. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s so frustrating when something doesn’t go to plan but you wouldn’t know it with this tag. And I’m so glad you were able to save it because the scene you created is beautiful. The sky has such movement to it and the way you added the white highlights to the water really gives it life. It’s a piece of art and I’m so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I LOVE this. Your background is just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is so calming, the background is fantastic, a balmy summer evening..fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tag....what a calming scene too, would love to be out on that sailboat. Thank you so much for playing along with at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfectly peaceful! I really love the sunset sky. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx