I miss hugs

Don't you?  That warm caring way of greeting friends and family when we meet up with them.  The physical contact bringing them into our personal space and us into theirs.  The best way to show you are important in my life.

I will never forget the first hug from my granddaughter, for a lot of dysfunctional family reasons we had no contact until she was 17.  From then until we finally met we got to know each other over the phone and spent hours talking, well Iz talked I listened and interjected sage Grandmother advice when she stopped for breath.   We also almost share a Birthday her's is on the 1st mine the 2nd.   For her 19th I went to stay with her (oh yes she lives in Dorset, as you know I am in Grimsby).   The front door opened and this miniature me flew into my arms and gave me such a hug it squeezed the breath our of me.  

I love hugs, I miss hugs.


This tag was inspired by More Than Words Mini Challenge for July.   Each challenge gives you a word to spark off, for the mini challenge you make a card, etc, tag or Postcard incorporating the given word.

Miss? .. you  .. the boat .. Mrs & Mr ..??? slept on it and of course Miss Hugs.   The tag it's self had been used in a mopping up exercise, I've been playing with DI on a work mat and sprayed recently.   The stamp is one of the Care Bears stamps that were very popular about 15 years ago.   Initially he was stamped onto the card.  Small La Blance flower heads stamped over the card randomly, felt pens were used to ink them up.  The letters were die cut from some paper I'd played with Brushos on and then kept for just such an occasion.   Gell medium spread over the tag for the letters to be stuck down, along with the 3 kisses which are the waste from a project that will probably never be shared!   Next the flowers were sprayed with Glimmer Mists, allowed to dry and give Frantage crushed glass centres.  With all this work the bear had become a little lost so he was re-stamped fussy cut and coloured with Chameleon pens, I just love their blend from faded to full force.

I'm entering this into 
More Than Words - FB mini challenge "Miss" and thank you for your honourable mention last month.

Allsorts - Mervi's prompt this fortnight is "Flowers all Over".




Comments

  1. I'll send you a virtual one! Gorgeous and sweet card!

    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tag and yes missing hugs too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I miss hugs too Zoe. Wonderful mixed media tag and an adorable care bear. The mopping up onto the tag looks great x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx