July 2021

I went out last night to try to see comet NEOWISE, no joy it was far too cloudy.  It got me thinking as it will be something like 6800 years before this comet returns to our skies.   If someone was travelling on/in the comet what would our world have looked like last time it passed.   7000 years ago was about the time that we humans had begun to leave more permanent evidence of our passing.   It was the Neolithic era and we were just developing agriculture!   Bearing in mind our species is about 300,000 + years old that is a long time of, possibly happily, wandering in the wilderness.  Another surprising fact is that about 7000 years ago we came as close to extinction, for what ever reason the male population shrank dramatically.  

What would my Comet traveller have made of that I wonder?  But then what other wanders would they have seen on their voyage?

This is the July page for my 2021 calendar.  Oh yes I can go from 10,000 BC to next July in the blink of an eye.


When there is a year that I have not made a calendar of some sort it is always regretted, shop brought ones are just not the same.

This is July, a bit watery but often with clear skies.  Long days when it is delightful to just watch the pond life.

Elusive Images stamp with Majestic Blue Versafine.  Whisper pens to add touches of colour.   Some DI and Adirondack inks dusted over.  Gosh doesn't that make it sound quick and easy? if only I agonised over every ink, colour and the placement.  Paid off though.

Now bearing in mind Elusive Images went out of business many years ago, at least 8, if I admit that this is the first time I've inked this stamp you might not believe me.  But it is true, I had to cut the image away from the grey rubber panel it came on.  And it is not the oldest un-used stamp in my stash. Used to be if I liked them I got them knowing that their day would come but I would not always be working or have the funds to pay for them.   This is also proving true, retirement is delightful but I am so glad for all these delights put aside for my then future self.

Sharing this with

NBUS - #16 Never before used stamp
CASology - #371 Pool



Where ever you mind wonders off to today, Stay safe, Keep Well & HAVE FUN


Comments

  1. What a great image and glad that you finally used it on your delightful CAS July calendar page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page you have made for July! Such a gorgeous image and fabulous colouring. I have never made a calender for myself, perhaps next year I will give it a go. I might also use some very old uninked stamps! Thank you for the history lesson too. I am following you now then I can keep up with your calender pages, especially August as it's my birthday month. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Take care and stay safe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy this stamp found some love! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx