Keeping it CAS

You might want to skip to the picture this bit is going to be all about me and my weight struggle.

 Like a lot of people being over weight has been the norm for most of my life from Childhood.  In my late 20's I did get down to a nice trim size and shape and managed to stay that way for a few years.  Having a desk job and having to drive as much as 30/40 miles to work made it harder and harder to keep it under control, I lost the battle.  But not the war and every time I piled it on I worked hard and got it off, this is called yoyo dieting.  You might know that one of the problems with yoyo dieting is that you tend to put on a bit more each time.

So for years this roller coaster of gain, loss, gain continued.   I have always quite enjoyed exercise going to the gym, walking, riding and more recently cycling, so provided I could find the time to exercise that was not the issue.  Of course exercise always helps the loss and maintenance.  My biggest problems are chocolate (I can easily binge on it) Ice cream and cheese, oh yes all fine in moderation but.......  Anyway about 12 years ago the gains started to pile on and were not shifting as they had before.   I'd get some of it off but never really enough so I'd get disheartened and fall back into old eating pattens.    Then a couple of years ago I was told that I was pre-diabetic, it is a new fangled way to tell you that you are heading for a serious health issue.   So for about a year I really worked at sorting myself out and lost 5 st. which left me with about 3 to go.

Now after a year you can imagine I was finding it tough to stay on track and to make matters worse I'd weigh myself regularly.  The scales are a slimmers no.1 enemy they do not help or encourage or even tell you how you are doing and I know this but still I'd get on them.  And surprise surprise I seemed to stick.  Added to which it was coming up to Easter and every where I looked there were chocolate eggs.  Believe me those eggs became flashing beacons in my minds eye.   So I succumbed, to my credit I did try to stick with the plan' exercise and sensible eating for a few months after but to no avail.   You know how it is with any addiction once you fall off the wagon it is very hard to get back on.

I was just getting back to my program when the chef came to stay and lock down started, and yes with those two the weight has piled on.   Now there is another diabetic symptom manifesting its self.  With the chef gone and my equilibrium pretty much restored I am now officially back on it.

Why tell you all this? Well I know that slimming clubs do not work, no one can make you slim you have to do it yourself.  You have to be honest with yourself and intend to do it.  Writing this here is my statement of intent, and I might bore you about it from time to time.  No idea what I weigh not going to find out.  Do know how my cloths fit and how my body feels, both can and will be improved.

Right now I've got that off my chest here is the card


Shockingly these are from a NUBS Stampin' up set that I've had for several years.  The resulting Postcard is now on its way to a friend.  The flower was stamped and masked for repeat stamping.   They were coloured with my Whisper pens, these pens are brilliant I don't know how old they are but the inks are going strong and the colours are glorious.  I smudged the sentiment so made a feature of the mistake with some underlining.

Challenges I'm sharing this with:
NBUS - Both Stamps to my shame!
Daring Card Makers - Three Musketeers (3 of something)
Fab 'n' Funky - #491 Use a real stamp no Digis.  
AAA Cards - #170 Maxi White space option use flowers

Right all this typing has made my back ache so I'm getting the massager out.  Stay safe, Keep well & HAVE FUN





Comments

  1. You covered up the smudge really well Zoe on your pretty CAS card. Thank you for sharing about your weight issues x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of the NBUS Stampin’ Up! flower! And I do the same when I make a boo boo. I somehow incorporate it into the design. Thanks so much for popping over to my blog. :-) Wish you well on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very nicely composed.
    A good rant can make all the difference xx
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.
    Buffy (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and I know all about smudging, so frustrating. Good luck with your war on weight. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx