My Brother's 60th Birthday

Is not until the end of September but.

The backgrounds/mats for this card are all one piece of A5 card that I played Brusho and gilding flakes on.  I say played because the affect of the powder and water fascinates me and I simply cannot hold my self in check to "paint" with them.    The idea of adding the gilding flakes came as a way of highlighting the spreading and merging of this medium when activated.   The end result is just magical.

Having made the piece deciding what to do with it tested my poor little brain.  The card was cut down to post card (4" x 6") size leaving a long thin strip and a smaller rectangle.  This did not make deciding how to use this any easier so it all sat on my table teasing me.

Yesterday checking the Challenges for Days list there is a challenge from Try Stamping on Tuesday (465), a sketch with the option of things that fly.   Masculine things that fly?  No brainer and the perfect airplane is in a recent magazine set.   It is a prop not jet and a WW2 plane at that, now to build a card around the plane using the sketch.


After a fair amount of faffing around the only solution seemed to be using a dark green background paper over the white card.  All 3 pieces of the Brusho card, it resembles a glorious stormy sky to my eye.  And the plane, which has 5 or 6 shades of Promarkers Grey, silver for the propeller and a touch of turquoise for the air moved by the propeller.   The greeting comes from the same set as the plane.  So my brother's card is all ready and as he never visits any social media on line it is safe to share it with you today.

The Sketch


Other challenges that were in mind while making this card.

Cards 4 Guyz - No pattered paper (249 fortnightly)
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes (weekly)
Vintage Journey - Watercolour Wonders (monthly)
Country View Challenges - Do what makes you happy (monthly)

Well my fitbit is about to tell me to walk so best do as I'm bid.  Stay safe, Keep well & HAVE FUN



Comments

  1. What a great card, your brother will love it. Thanks so much for joining our Do more of what makes you happy July challenge over at Country View x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, that background is fantastic - great use for our sketch - the touch of gilding is stunning! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love all the colors you used for the brusho pieces!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixed media magic and a wonderful masculine scene and card Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges for our July challenge!
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card - love the background you created.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful strips of Brusho colors and so pretty with the gold highlighting - a great masculine card with that great airplane! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey this month! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx