Red Red Rose

So another week begins, the last week of July no less.   So many holidays plans that will not happen this summer.  Had you intended going away this year?  How has the pandemic effected your plans for the summer?  Mine? oh I didn't have any, very much a home bird here.

So just a little play today.


On Saturday Inkspirational #218 was announced.  It is a picture challenge, my note, in my challenge note book, reads "Red, White, Dots & Triffids."  

See what I mean?   I loved the idea of red and white just knew I had to join in.

So for a couple of days I've let my subconscious work on it.   Then today during one of my 1,000 steps an hour it came to me.    A strip of white off cut card, trimmed to 4" wide and made into a tent card.   A piece of red paper from my stash die cut.  Now which bit to use?  The dots cut out, the frame they came from, or the edge of the cut out.   The edge or waste won out, trimmed to size and attached.   Then the die cut placed over the top slightly offset.   The triffid in this case is a PennyBlack brushstrokes stamp.  It was stamped onto the die cut mat in Gold and given a covering of red EP.   Some of the EP was then brushed and shaken off to give the rose a somewhat distressed look.  The mat was another off cut or as Di might say a snippet.

That brings me to Prixie's Crafty Workshop and her challenge #383.   As always anything goes there so long as it includes snippets.

Now the rain has cleared I wonder if there is any possibility of seeing the comet this evening.  Think I 'll go and check that out now and leave you with the wish that you stay safe, keep well and Have Fun.


Comments

  1. I love how you used the rose stamp as your triffid and the extra distressed look with the powder. Great take on the inspiration photo Zoe x.
    No Summer holiday plans for us, as when we first heard about the virus we thought it would be for the long haul and would be staying close to home x.
    Thank you so very much for your wonderful and generous comments on my blog post, it really was appreciated Zoe and so very kind x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've made the photo inspiration your own - those red and white circles are 'spot on' and the design is beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Clever thinking there and a super result. We had a holiday in England booked for us and Dudley Dog - I just delayed it by almost a year much to my delight as well as no additional fees. And also with the earnest wish that things will have improved by next Autumn! Otherwise we just lose a deposit which I was resigned to before I posed my request to transfer the dates. I'm a home bird to be honest - but it's good to let the pooch see other places :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo cool ! Love the rose as the triffid and red is always good. We don't go on holiday due due our various health conditions but I was hoping to stay with my daughter, and Granddaughters for a few days but can't happen now. We don't mind not going away. Home is just fine! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx