Scardy Cat

I had a hair cut today!   It feels wonderful but then between then and now there should have been 2 more hair cuts.  The news today was not good for the salon, the owner has used this time to learn new skills, most of them she has been able to practice and of course her nail bar has been open but and it is a big but, Sarah had 26 bookings for the next week, starting tomorrow for facial work.   No warning at all the rug has been pulled out from under her.   I am sure she will survive but that is a lot of income to lose.

When I wasn't at the hair dresser being turned back into a human I was in the craft room being silly.


A couple of challenges inspired this fun little piece.   Cardz 4 Galz challenge #127 is "Stamp on Kraft". Little Red Wagon #560 "Give us your background".  Finally As You Like It "Favourite Cats or Dogs and why".

Cats and Kraft came first, the Cats are of course Tim Holtz "Crazy Cats" stamped onto kraft and coloured with all sorts of mediums.  Promarkers, Sakura, Felt pens, and white pen, please notice the yellow streak down the spine of the cat on the right.   

Front feature sorted now, for the background.   I wanted spooks, a new stencil from Dina Wakley provided the stripes I thought they would makes an apparition type of shape.  Looking through my stencils the Andy Skinner skulls from Tanda smiled at me.  So I used that over one of the sets of spooky stripes.   All that remained were the sentiments, "I tought (miss spelling intended) I saw a g ga ghost".

All that remains is to tell you if I am a Cat person or a Dog person.  A cat person I live with 2 their singularity is what makes them so very special.  My little furry ornaments are my delight. 

Obviously I can only send this to one of my wacky friends but it was a lot of fun constructing it.

As the things we can and cannot do change and change again, stay safe, keep well & HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. I've popped over from Cards4Galz. This card is terrific. Those little cats do look they saw a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the spooky background and crazy cats. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon and As You Like It Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cats, they work so well on kraft, thank you for joining in our challenge at Cardz4Galz Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wacky and fun card and I am so looking forward to getting my hair done, later this month x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee!! What a fun card. Great use of your cat stamps.

    Thank you for playing along with the As You Like It Challenge.

    Love Jules xx
    AYLI Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx