Do you ever run out of ideas?

Coming back home after our trip out to the garden centre today my friend was looking round my craft room and asked "Do you ever run out of ideas?"  Without stopping to think about it my reply was "no".  On reflection my answer would still be the same.  We all lose our mojo from time to time and might even stop paper crafting in favour of some other form of creativity for a while.  But to actually run dry not to have any more ideas is unimaginable don't you agree?

My friend is a crafter she is a very skilled needle woman but her makes be they handbags, jewellery rolls, or cat beds all have a practical purpose.  Apart from Christmas decorations everything Jill makes has a use.   Maybe it is the appreciation of each other's skills that is the special ingredient in our friendship.

Anyway here is a card I made a couple of days ago hahaha.


The stamps come from two different magazine sets, stamped in Archival Coffee I think they go rather well together.  The owl is coloured with Whisper Pens, I googled pictures of owls to get some idea about the markings and colours, and used 5 or 6 different pens to get the effect I wanted.

Challenges

The Paper Players - #511 Fall Critters.  Barn Owls are more likely to be spotted at this time of year as the light fades they come out to start hunting.  To catch sight of one wings out spread and white underparts on full display they are a breath taking sight.

613 Avenue Challenge - Winged Things.  I'm not sure what religious holiday Chana has been celebrating but I hope it was a happy one.  Chana works very hard with the challenge but my trying to leave a comment of gratitude has so far failed.  Please could someone pass my message along to her?  Thank you.

Creative Friday - #265 Forest Friends

Moving Along With The Times - #123 Animals and/or Birds







Well the sun is already starting to sink as another day descends into evening.  I still need to pop over to the shop for a couple of bits!  Stay safe, Keep well, follow the rules and HAVE FUN.



Comments

  1. Your card is CAS perfection! That owl is fabulous and so realistic! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Owls and this is a fabulous CAS card, beautiful coloring!
    Thanks for sharing your art creations with us at 613 Ave Create …..Good Luck and Look forward to seeing you again!!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell ~ DT 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great coloring job you've done on your forest owl - he looks ready to fly off the page. Well done, indeed! Thanks so much for sharing him with us this week at The Paper Player! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great CAS card. Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so true, My mojo stops because I can't settle to one idea LOL. I love your Owl and I do the same as you, try and get the real feel and colouring. I love your card it is beautiful and so is the lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx