Have you tried Blue and Brown?

 A few days ago I shared the first of 3 colours I like using with Blue.  The first was Blue and Green, that was followed with Blue and Silver now here is the third.


It is an old Kanban stamp actually getting it's very first inking!  Stamped in Versafine Majestic Blue and coloured with felt pens.  As her legs were coloured it reminded me of American Tan tights we all work back in the good old days!   The edges of the postcard were dusted with Vintage Photo.

For me this is a very understated but elegant colour combination and there are so many shades of both colours you can play around with.  So my third and final entry into As You Like It this fortnight, the challenge is favourite colour to pair with Blue and why.




It just so happened that the first of my 3 pairing with blue was also my entry to Less is More #431 more than one type of foliage.  Recently I have discovered the fun of making your own flowers with crafting foam.  Today I made this blue flower and then paired it with brown for the leaves behind.  The stamp is a Penny Black wood mounted one, they made a few with texturing on parts of them to give an image that is slightly faded in parts while fully coloured in others it is an interesting effect.  I wanted a CAS card that while simple in design and leaving oodles of "white space" was still textural and dimensional, think I've achieved that!

Now I've got those of my chest something else can have my attention, family tree time perhaps.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, If we want to get back to a more sociable normal then we really do have to follow the rules cause they are just going to get tougher and tougher until we do.  At the same time Have Fun x

Comments

  1. These are great, I have that Kanban stamp. Never inked either!!! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two glorious makes but your LIM entry's just FAB

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your very elegant lady is fab. I'd never have thought to use those colours on her but it works wonderfully.
    Your flower is gorgeous against that lovely foliage stamp, thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
    I can only agree with you on staying safe and following the guidelines. Wearing a mask, washing hands and social distancing is not hard but we all have to do it together.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and brown colour combination is a winner. I had a little chuckle about the American tan tights Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and brown is a combination I like, but seldom use, thanks for the inspiration. Both your cards are so wonderfully designed. I love the vintage feel of the first, but I absolutely love your flower in the second. Thanks so much for joining us again at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards ! I especially love your CAS take on our challenge with this beautiful blue flower and the brown foliage. Wouldn't have thought to combine these two colours. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx