Love love love the Portuguese track is fantastic

 It might just be the best track we have seen this F1 season, but then we have not seen it before.  The race was great especially at the start and then for Mr Hamiliton to take his 92nd win and becoming the most successful driver of all time.   It has been said he is not as good as Schumacher but  his win today was almost a full pit stop ahead of his team mate in the same car.  And that was a pit stop at this track which is longer than at most of them.

Well it is 4 pm here now, the clocks went back overnight and that means that soon I'll have to close the curtains.   Not long now until the Winter Solstice when we can start to imagine a coming spring.  Lots and lots of days between now and then, lots of crafting opportunities.

Yesterday I shared a card made for, among other challenges, As You Like It and their question of favourite colour to pair with Blue.  I said then that 3 combinations spring to mind, each one works in it's style as well as the others.  

Today I am sharing Blue and Silver, both are cool colours and closely related blue goes to grey to silver.   I love the striking and elegant appearance of these two in combination.


A piece of blue paper is the base for my card.  Silver Mirror card die cut with a Tonic Panel and attached to the blue paper.  The paper was then trimmed so the panel could be attached to the card with sticky pads to raise it up.  The remaining paper used with a Sweet Poppy stencil and some silver embossing paste.

I tend to leave sentiments off my cards so that they can be used for which ever occasions they will work for at the time.  However this one did look a little odd without something at the top of the right hand panel.  It took me longer to look through my stamps to find a sentiment that I liked than it took to make the rest of the card!   Having finally settled on one it was stamped and embossed in Silver.

Challenges

As you Like It - Favourite colour to pair with Blue

Allsorts - #595 Celebration

Crafty Friends - #147 Embossing Wet or Dry.

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers

Now my tummy is confused about the clock change as well so guess it will be an early tea hehehe. Keep Well, Stay Safe, Follow the rules and Have Fun. 

Comments

  1. Yes a lovely colour combination with a lovely die and image. Thank you for joining our Celebration/Anything Goes challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly achieved that elegant feel here Zoe, it's delightful, thanks so much for sharing and joining in our Celebrations theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is super, I love blue and silver on my makes, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know what you mean about finding a sentiment Zoe...takes me ages too x. A real eye catching card with a beautiful colour combination x. Yes I enjoyed the F1 too x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and silver. It along with gorgeous die cut make for such an elegant feel. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx