Memories

Our world is constantly different, we might not think about it but our planet and everything on it, orbiting it and all around it are constantly moving through the dimension of space/time.  To deep for a Wednesday morning? sorry but it is one of the many things abut the natural world that fascinates me.  

Constant change, constant evolution, no two moments are ever the same not even for a split second.  Is that perhaps why we try to capture moments in art and photography? To try to save a memory, an idea, a look?  


This is the December page for my calendar next year.  I completed it last evening under artificial light and am very pleased that it looks just as good in natural light.  The stamps are one of the original Andy Skinner polymer plates, not good quality but they did the job here.  As usual I used various inks and techniques.  

For December I did not want a typical warm and cosy Christmassy scene but something that evokes crisp winter days.  The sun sets early in the northern hemisphere at this time of year, the winter solstice occurs in December.  We get pinky/purpley sunset skies and if there has been a snow fall some of it might still linger in the countryside.   I watched a flight of ducks flying overhead the other day as the returned to their roosting place by the river.  Of course that iconic bird the Robin is more obvious to us in winter they are such cheerful friendly little birds their song is delightful to hear.

So I tried to capture a moment that might feel familiar to many but is a compensation of my imagination.  Come December next year when my calendar turns to December I know this page will make me smile.

Challenges

Allsorts - #593 A winter or Snow Scene

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #43 Always anything goes but must have a critter.

Moving Along with the Times - #123 Animal(s) and/or Bird(s)

613 Avenue - Anything Goes option Winged Things.

That's all for this post! remember change is happening constantly and is not something to be scared of.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Remember the rules are for ALL of us, and HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. This is super and it has caught the cool winter feel, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly captured a moment in time and so beautifully too. This is just Gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation....Thank you for sharing with us at Moving along with the times...Hope to see you again soon..

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to stamp out your own calendar pages! I think you did a fine job of capturing the crispness of a snowy winter day! The addition of the robin adds life to the scene. Thanks for sharing this with us at 2CCC!!!
    ~Karen Page, DT Member for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and sweet winter scene page.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful scene! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better late than never as they say, so a belated thank you for joining in at Allsorts Winter scene theme. Lost one of our doggies this week and rather halted me in my logging tracks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great atmosphere and love the December scene and I am a huge fan of ducks Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx