Poor light stopped play

 They used to call this daylight saving.  When I worked at this time of year I'd still be getting up in the dark, leaving home maybe in full light and then coming home in the dark.  Closing the curtains at 4pm depresses me and by mid December that will be 2:30 - 3pm.  However it does not make me get up any earlier!

Yesterday was a dull wet day, natural light quickly became gloom.  Not however before this had come off my craft table.


Black is such a great foil for any bright colour, think of those traditional combinations Black and White, or Silver, or Gold, or Red, you can now add Orange to the list.   It is that time of year when our craft challenges are filled with Autumn and or Halloween themes, when it is in the form of a colour challenge you can go in any direction you want, so I did.

Retro Rubber #146 is Scary Colours use only Black, Orange & White.  Nothing scary about those!  My stamp is a wood mounted rubber stamp by Inkadinkado, seem to be using a lot of their older stamps recently.  I have had this for a long time think it came from Hobby Craft in the days when they sold good quality stamps!  Best estimate of it's age? more than 3 years probably a lot more but I cannot recall.

So imaged stamped in Memento onto a snippet of white card.  Bird outline reinforced with fine liner Black pen, peach and border of flowers coloured shades of orange.   Another Snippet this time orange paper for the mat and as the stamp has an oriental feel to it I used a Chinese corner punch on the mat and the top of the stamped image.  Base card folded to give a solid black slimline card.

Nothing scary, nothing seasonal or halloween just a nice card that maybe says Congratulations.

Other Challenges

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Anything Goes if you use snippets.

Artsystamper - Halloween Colours, 2nd entry

Allsorts - Celebration Time



Well I have had a remembrance day piece developing in my head for a few days, was going to work on that but then looking for the links to these challenges another couple caught my eye and my imagination so goodness only knows what sort of mess is coming off my craft table next!

Stay safe, Keep well, Follow the rules for all our sakes and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Wow what a fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly dull and gloomy Zoe and like you so dislike these dark evening. Love the image and the subtle addition of colour to reflect the back layer.

    Many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your non-scary take on these colours. I agree with you about black being a great foil for any colour. The bird image is one I've not seen before and I like it a lot - there's a lot you could do with it. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oriental corner punch goes so well with that fabulous stamped image Zoe...Great colour combination too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Zoe. The black and vivid orange are perfect partners, along with grey and white. A lovely result. I hate these dark days too, sigh. And I did smile reading your comment about A2 sized cards. Imagine trying to get a UK A" card through a letter box :) oNo idea why we in the UK and our USA friends have such different measurements for the likes of A2. Perhaps I ought to refer to it as USA A2 in future - although I always write the measurement as 5.5" x 4.25" anyhow. I switched to those as so many plates and dies from the USA are that size - before that it was A6 i used - just to confuse the issue!

    Take care and I do find your comments are fun!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card, love your layout. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image goes well with the orange card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and striking colour combo. Great card.
    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx