That was a cracking race

You might know that I'm an F1 fan.  This is an odd year for racing but then it is an odd year.   The race today was at a famous track that has not been used for F1 for a few years so for some of the drivers this was a first visit.  The track is in Germany, Nurburgring, not the original one but still an old fashioned track with lots of interesting sectors.  Just to make matters worse the pre race practice sessions were cut short due to poor weather conditions.  This meant that the teams went into qualifying on Saturday with very little practice under their belts.  All of this made for an exciting race and one where 2 quite significant records were equalled.   Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen for a record number of race starts.  Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for equalling Michael Schumacher's record number of wins.

When Mick Schumacher, Michael's son, presented Lewis with one of his father's race helmets in recognition of Lewis's achievement I came close to shedding a tear.   What ever you think of Hamilton or his standing compared to previous multi winning drivers you have to acknowledge that he is an outstanding driver.  So a great and somewhat emotional race.

But you are here to see something I've made.  It is a CAS card, modelled on one by Less Is More DT member Sharon whose Birthday was yesterday.  Belated Happy Birthday Sharon love your card it inspired me.  Less is More Challenge #430


It was obvious to me that an Acetate section that had been embossed was the way to go.   It was an old cuttlebug folder that I used, it is a very pretty floral design.  Having die cut the elements to go on the outside in red it was natural to colour one of the embossed flowers to match.

This is Sharon's card that we are invited to CASe







Well that is enough excitement for one day!  Stay Safe, Keep Well, wear your mask and don't touch, finally HAVE FUN x

Comments

  1. What a great card, I dont watch the F1 but I could imagine how emotional it would have been for Michaels son to present the Helmet. Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Sharon's card Zoe and I am so glad you enjoyed the F1 racing today x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really striking make Zoe, cracking job

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use acetate in the backing panel, and I love the contrasting red and white. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx