Claxby Crafters Retreat

Twice a year a few friends have a crafting retreat at the Claxby Viking Centre.   The group has dwindled to 7 or 8 and we cannot always make it.  This year our summer retreat was cancelled and we started to have weekly Zoom meetings.  But we really wanted the Christmas retreat and booked it, now we will not be able to have it after all.  So this weekend we are having an open Zoom all weekend, we have secret Santa's, and  I know most of the girls have decorated their homes in honour of the occasion.

Now I don't do Christmas but am very good at Barrrrrr Humbug! and this has become a bit of a standing joke with my friends.  What they might not realise (& its ok they don't visit here anymore) is that I love giving my friends gifts.  It was short notice so I've only managed to get something to my chosen Secret person but it will still be lovely when we all open our gifts.

You might not see much of me this week-end but I'll be busy doing something with my friends who will also be doing somethings.  Crochet if I know at least 3 of them!

Here is a little card I made yesterday.


Shame you cannot see the sparkle highlights from the Sakura pen.

I say I do not do Christmas but from the season "The Snowman" is an absolute favourite.  The beautifully drawn cartoon, and the sweet music grabbed my heart and never let go.  Not to mention the boy soprano with his crisp clear sweet notes.   Needless to say I've collected a lot of Snowman things over the years including an adorable stamp set.

Here the main stamp has been inked with Memento Black and then coloured with Chameleon pens.  Those pens are a delight and make colouring easy.  A piece of printer cut to cover the card front and then sliced open from the centre so Snowman and Boy can dance their way out of the card.

Challenges

As you like it - Your Favourite Snowman or Penguins and why.  Think I've covered that.

C.R.A.F.T - # 578 Winter

Crafty Chicks - #535 All Occasions

Cardz 4 Galz - #135 Cute Christmas

Just Add Ink - #533 Just add S

TGIF - #292 Have a Magical Christmas

CAS on Friday - #194 Snow


                                               

Well we come back out of Lockdown next week and for this area we go right back in under Tier 3 rules.  So thank you everyone in Lincolnshire and Humberside for following the rules and helping to maintain our early almost covid free record, NOT.  If we want things to get better we have to understand that the rules are in place because we wanted them (The government has got to do something) and it is for us to follow them.  Then we can start to plan family get togethers, trips to the theatre, nights out in town with the girls etc.  So lets not be selfish but instead do as we are asked to be part of getting this virus under control.

Stay Safe, Keep Well and still Have Fun.

Comments

  1. A lovely project. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and adorable card Zoe x. I am hoping you are enjoying your weekend 'zoom' crafting and having fun?....I love the Snowman too x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love your image and the fun presentation. Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really sweet stamp - they both look like they are have a great deal of fun. A lovely curled back frame. Chantell Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design for your card, it's as if the two of them are bursting through for some fun! Thanks for joining in our snow challenge at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!!! Love your card. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering the AYLI penguin/snowman challenge with your lovely card - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love they appear to be coming through the front of the card, so fun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really dimensional - great idea!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a lot of fun on your virtual retreat. Love this card, very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx