in America it is Thanksgiving and Fall, here in the UK it is Cold!

So Minx update first, her blood tests came back with everything pretty much OK.  White cells on the high side so she might just be fighting an infection.  The important readings (to me) Kidney and Thyroid came out as normal.  On the downside once we got home she took every avenue she could to avoid me so guess I am in her bad books at the moment.

While Minx was at the Vets I was here at home distracting myself.


The indigenous people of the British Isles were hunter gathers and GB was still attached to mainland Europe so they came and went.   Lots of other tribes have come here since their names and histories lost in the mists of time.  So we don't have an event like Thanksgiving, but Black Friday has reached our shores so Thank you for that!

There are lots of Thanksgiving/Fall/Autumn challenges in blogland at the moment and the idea of this tag was one worth playing with.   The tree set, including the sentiment, is from Stampin' up and is about 6 years old.  Stamped the bare tree added the swing (something you can fall off) planted some green beneath it and set to with the leaves.   They have been stamped in yellow, orange, green, red and brown. Both on the tree and on the ground below.   The sentiment has been embossed in copper ep then frantange gold crushed glass and some multi colour gilding flakes added for a little sparkle and shine.   The edge of the tag dusted with Aged Mahogany and then distressed.

The leaves were die cut from one of my hand made background paper pieces, it is another Brusho one.  The letters die cut from another background piece this time a shaving foam one.  That ribbon at the top was the perfect fit don't you think?

Here are the Challenges

More than Words - FB Mini Challenge "FALL"

Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

The Paper Girls - #212 Thankful/Grateful

Double Dare - #21 All the Trimmings (tic tac toe below) I've gone with Leaves, Free, Stamp.  There is also a Sentiment (Thing 3) but it might not be big and bold enough for you.   Then there is Thing 2, The Paper Funday Challenge #23 ATG with a twist Give thanks/Thankful/Grateful.

Creatalicious - #199 Anything Goes Autumn/Thanksgiving

Dies R Us - #157 Happy Fall Ya'll

  


Now believe it or not there is a part made Christmas card on the table waiting for me to go and finish it, so I will.  Stay safe, Keep well, please wear you mask, Have Fun.


Comments

  1. Gorgeous tag Zoe with the most beautiful colours, love your design, and great to here Minx is so far okay..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful fall tag with us at Double Trouble for our tic-tac-toe challenge! Love all the colors and details on how you created your tag. I appreciated your short history lesson on indigenous peoples, too! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful autumn colors and love the leaves you added to your creation, lovely! So glad you joined us at Creatalicious Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag and great colors! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your commentary... my father and grandparents were immigrants from Clydebank, Scotland and Carlisle, England. My DNA confirms that I am also Swedish and Norwegian, proving those Norsemen were visitors! I am loving the effect of the Brusho colors and the distressed edges on your card - perfect for fall! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #71. (I also have a fur baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tag. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx