Something gentle and summery

Because Summer will come again and with it all the lovely things we associate with it.  We have just got to get past the winter bit first. Now if you are in the southern hemisphere enjoy your summer!

It was nice today to get in the craft room and make something soft pretty and feminine.  A change from all the bright bold Autumn and Christmas colours that we see so much of at the moment.  Not that I don't like all the bright colours just found this very soothing.


An old Docrafts stamp from between 10 and 15 years ago maybe more I've no idea.  It comes with the sentiment Thank you but as this would be a lovely image for just about any occasion I've left the sentiment off.  For a change my fussy cutting was not tight to the line or as fiddly as usual instead I've left a little white border around the image.

Image coloured with Chameleon Pens, you might know I'm a big fan of these pens as they allow you to fade the colour, giving this image a soft watercolour feel.   The leaves below are from the last of my shaving foam background used on yesterdays post and the die cut word fall.   This scrap has been die cut, the deeper green lifting the main image and providing a good contrast.

Challenges, well there have to be challenges don't there?

Krafty Chicks - #534 Week 3 Clean and Simple

Pixies Crafty Workshop - #390 taking advantage of the extra week and extra entry!  The white card the image is stamped on was an off cut the scrap for the leaves has already been mentioned.

Retro Rubber - #128 They say it's your Birthday.  I rarely add a sentiment if you received this on your Birthday you'd know that is what the wish it came with was for. 

As I vanish back into my little craft world, there are other projects and experiments going on, I'll leave you with the hope that you Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear You Mask and HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Really beautiful! The dark leaves do lift the softer water-colour look spray of roses. They look a bit like the Icebergs flowering along my front fence as some of them have an inexplicable flush of pink in them! This is really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feminine and beautiful card Zoe and I am glad you found it smoothing to make x. Great colouring too x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, love the soft colors you used to color the flowers. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty feminine birthday card! I agree with you - it doesn't always have to say it on the front! I love the mix of stamped image and die cut in your design! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Retro Rubber Challenge #148 - They Say It's Your Birthday!
    Rachelle - Guest Designer : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Zoe, so soft and very pretty - I like the dark green leaves as a contrast too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx