Golden Days of Childhood

My guess when the theme for the next challenge was set, they imagine lots of lovely pictures of children and grandchildren at Christmas with lots of lovely golden sparkle.   My son is a middle aged man and I do not have any pictures of him that are suitable.    My Granddaughter is in her twenties and for one reason or another no pictures of her either.   

We are not a Christmas loving family either generations of us for one reason or another do not take delight in the season.  On the other hand we all grew up on the south coast and have wonderful happy memories of days at the beach in the sunshine with our friends.

So for my More Than Words page those are the memories I called on.


The Prompt is Childhood and use gold.    The image of the friends is stamped in black on to a piece of card coloured with Gelatos, I really do not use these often enough, and trimmed to size.  All the other stamps were simply stamped in grey onto a white background.  The card was watercolored with felt pens.  The shells and seagull were stamped onto paper, fussy cut and coloured with felt pens.   The hand written parts were written in quickie glue with gilding flakes applied, Added gold one.  Finally the edges of the page were polished with Alchemy Wax Gold, Added gold two.

A couple of months ago I was delighted to be the random draw winner at More Than Words.  It's a random draw prize so did not expect much.  How wrong was I?

This is the amazing prize from Mintay Papers

Other Challenges

Crafty Creations - #416 Anything Goes

We Love to Create - #12 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Love to Craft - #53 Always Anything Goes

Heres to more glorious sunny days to come and more glorious sunny memories for the next generation to come.   Stay Safe, Keep Well, Remember those Rules, and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your win! This is a great childhood card and I'm so impressed with you writing the words with a glue pen and adding the gilding flakes. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love that you've interpreted the challenge in your own way - we encourage that! Great prize from Mintay too! Thanks for joining in the fun again this month at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the childhood theme and the picture of the 2 children with arms around each other is wonderful/ thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I love you use of stamps! I could use a day at the beach. :) Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges. Enjoy your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous win...congratulations x. Lovely memories for you Zoe on your layout x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute Happy Holiday you too, and thanks for playing with us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx