Something I've been trying to get my head around for years

 A cheap paper fan.   Should be easy to make this over right?   Well it might be for you for me it proved to be quite a toughie.


This is one of a pack of 3 from the Works 3 or 4 years ago now.  The first one was coloured with red ink and then stamped on.  That didn't work not a suitable stamping surface, covering it is not so simple.  I've looked at it a few times but could not figure it out.

So grabbing another one painted it gold.  Now what?  A stencil made that take with Sakura gel pens, and some Gilding Flakes.  The Gilding Flakes seemed like a good idea, another stencil and some wet glue, covered it with more gilding flakes.  It was not the proper glue for gilding but it left a beautiful patten and texture on the fan.  The Bamboo struts were covered with Indigo Treasure Gold to give the another lovely sheen.



A little sparkle for the 1st December, Happy advent.

A Bit More Time to Craft - #129 Anything Goes

The Crafter's Cafe - #256 Anything Goes

Arty Divas - #32 Anything Goes

Love to Craft - #53 Anything Goes

Stay Safe, Keep Well, Take Care, & Have Fun

Comments

  1. Well you sure did a marvellous job with the fan Zoe...it is beautiful and so unique x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx