These are some of my favourite things

Flowers it is always a delight to see flowers in gardens and the different flowers for different seasons.  Snowdrop don't you use love these delightful little bell flowers swaying on delicate stems.  The combination of Blue and Green such an exciting vibrant colour pair, think plant earth!  Papercrafting well lets face it we all enjoy stamping cutting gluing and making don't we?

So this is a combination of some of my favourite things.




This is an old polymer stamp from I think Dimension Forth, a business no longer in existence.  They had a fantastic range of different images and I just love these Snow Drops.   Stamped in green onto white card and then very very carefully fussy cut with both knife and scissors.  This is an image that being so seasonal only comes out once or twice a year the rest of the time I'm thinking about it and wondering how next to use it.  This really is one of my favourite stamps.

Dark blue mat cut to fit main image, fancy corners punched with a Martha Stewart punch.   The pale blue card stock has a coated surface so you cannot easily stamp on it.  I did make some marks on the card each side of the topper but deciding that they were not right covered them with green organza ribbon tied in bows.  

One of the challenges I'm entering is AYLI and they want to know why favourite person to create for is this person.  The simple act of making a card with any of my special people in mind is one of the greatest pleasures there is.  My brother is the favourite, he like me is single and lives alone.  Unlike me he is not all that sociable and I know that my cards give him a lot of pleasure and are often left on display long after the event.  Sharing some of my favourite things with him like those in this card is something brothers and sisters can do.

Challenges

Color Hues - #8 Green and Blue

As You Like It - Favourite Person (friend or family) to create for. Please see last paragraph.

Sweet Stampers - #51 Anything Goes

A Bit More Time to Craft - #130 Always Anything Goes



Now the weekend lies ahead, F1 season finished for the year.  Christmas next week and then a New Year full of promise that it will be kinder to us than 2020 has been.  Then think back to 1918/19 that pandemic was harsher than this one has been thanks to all the scientific advances made since then.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your mask (I just had to at the hairdressers), HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Ahh I love to see the snowdrops peeping though. Some of my bulbs are already up!!! Silly weather we are having here. Lovely make, Stay Safe, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. Love to see snowdrops as you know spring is around the corner. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why this stamp is one of your favorites! This card is so pretty ! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues and Merry Christmas! I love to read that your brother appreciates your cards and displays them...very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with fabulous fussy cutting Zoe x. Thanks for sharing about your brother x. Stay safe, enjoy the festive period and here's to a kinder 2021 x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! A super pretty arrangement of your favorite things and I enjoyed reading about them. Love those bows too! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the dark blue an fresh green ! Looks wonderful together!Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering the AYLI challenge with your pretty card. I love to see the snowdrops peeking through too and reminding us that Spring will soon be here
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx