A reason to use my Snowdrop stamp

Who does not enjoy the sight of snowdrops?  I am so lucky that the people who lived here before me had planted a lovely drift of them, these have naturalised and it has been a pleasure to transplant some around the garden.   The delight of my days is checking out all their progress around the garden.

Finding Snowdrop stamps is challenging, but some years ago I found one that is a great impression and I love to use when I can.


Twofers did give me an opportunity to show off its versatility but sadly I missed the deadline, never mind I'm showing them both off anyway.


Snowdrops on a winters day.  Base card dusted with DI and stamped with another old stamp.  Driving around the countryside last week I was treated to the sight of a flock of birds in classic V formation, it came to mind here.

The snowdrops were stamped twice on vellum once with an extended base and once with just the Snowdrops.  Both were fussy cat and then carefully layered providing the one behind being more firmly attached further up image.  The front set falls forward slightly mirroring real life blooms.

Challenges for the vellum snowdrops

Funkie Junkie Boutique - So Delicate

Retro Rubber - #150 Winter Wonderland

International Art and Soul - #100 Winter


For the second card I woke up this morning with this in mind.  I wanted some colour in the background but not a block or rainbow.   A new stencil provided just what I wanted some bright and cheerful colour for the silhouettes to stand out against.  Need I say more?

Challenges for this card

AAA Cards - #182 One Layer CAS card with twist Silhouette (so that is where I got the idea from)

Stamping Sensations - Favourite Stamp, Well I've already shown you one this is another.

Less is More - #435 In a Row 2nd entry

 



RRCB 150


Thats all this time thank you visiting.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask, and importantly Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Thank you Zoe for describing how you made this card - fabulous! I love how you added those birds, it gives so much cool perspective! Thanks for sharing at Retro Rubber! ~Nancy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are spot on about Snowdrop stamps Zoe, my one and only is a CB one and I think I spot some Art Impression birds as well. Showing my age here as it's yonks old but a cherished and often used lovely wood mounted one.

    Such pretty cards and snowdrops always give hope of Spring on the horizon,A very sweet creation, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, the black sure stands out amongst the colored snowflakes. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snowdrops too. Pretty cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards and AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely. Snowdrops are such a pretty part of Winter! Thank you for joining our Winter Challenge at International Art and Soul! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty snowdrop image and what a beautiful first card and a very creative second silhouette one. I love snowdrops and you are lucky that the previous owners planted them in your garden x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fussy cutting the vellum images and then layering them is a feat of patience! Worth the effort though as they look so realistic. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are lovely. I love the snowdrop flowers, they are so delicate. Fussy cutting this image is another delicate thing you did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card!Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why it's your favourite! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snowdrops in a row really make me long for Spring! Thanks for playing with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous way to use your wonderful snowdrop stamp. I love how you've used it here. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love snowdrops. Thanks for sharing at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx