Squares and swirles

 This is one of those projects that took a while to figure out.   Country View Challenges January challenge has the theme of Squares.  I knew it would be fun and offered a lot of ways to go it was just a matter of working out what to do.


12" x 12" square board is the base.  Different coloured cards cut to 4 10/16" square and carefully laid out across the board then I decided to colour the white surface.  For colouring 3 different shades of Green DI were carefully dusted on with lots of masking to protect the squares already stuck down.

Some more of the same card used on the squares already added was die cut into smaller squares with fancy edges, these were laid and layered across the board on the opposite corners.  Now I started stamping with the mask and lots of flourishes, silver ink with perfect pearls dusted over   

Some Tando Inches and Twinches were painted with Imagination Crafts green starlite paint.   I wanted these to be completely random in their placement just as the stamping had been, it is harder than you might think our minds look for pattens and will create them without you realising but I think I managed it.  To complete the piece some old felt ribbon laid over the top of it all.

It now hangs on the wall opposite my bedroom door and really cheered me up when I saw it first thing this morning.

Other Challenges

A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Always anything goes

Love to Craft - #54 Always Anything Goes


Grab our challenge badge


Comments

  1. Now wonder this cheered you up Zoe....Unique and what a fabulous design x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on our Square challenge! Thank you so much for playing with us at Country View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ! Thank you for your contribution to our January Challenge 'squares' over at Country VIew Challenges! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx