We all have that one friend

The friend who insists on going into every shop and trying on every pair of shoes or outfit all the while going on about that very first things she tried on!  You might even been that friend, I was once.  3 of us were having a shopping day in Chichester at the top of the town there was a framer who had an amazing print for sale.  All afternoon while we explored the town, well worth a visit by the way if you are there, I kept thinking about this print.  Fortunately we did have to go back that way to get to the car and it was decided by my friends that we had to stop so I could buy the print.  That was well over 25 years ago and I do still have the amazing print, somewhere!

So this is a tribute to all those eagle eyed bargain hunters and fashionesters.


Everyone's taste is different so I made these Orange, Green and Pink shoes as far out as possible!  The theme was inspired by Less is More #434 Fashion and/or Accessories.  It is also the first time I have used these stamps from Made to Surprise so we qualify for NBUS #22 Always anything goes with Never before Used Schtuff.

The images are embossed with orange ep isn't it wonderful?  The colouring is with Whisper Felt Pens.  The frame is hand drawn using the acrylic block the stamps were on as a basic guide that I just juddered the pen around.


With everything that is going on in the world Stay Safe, Keep Well, Follow the Rules, above all HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. A lovely entry to our fashion parade over at Less is More, thanks for playing. I love the idea of a juddering pen outline, something I will need to try :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, love your story and I love that your embossed the image in orange. When I was 10 or so, I had the most wonderful pair of bright orange patten leather shoes... this put me in mind of them. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah a great make and what a good sentiment!! Hope alls well, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love that "Life is short ..." sentiment since that's my catch phrase and your fancy shoes are just fantastic, Zoe! Thank you for sharing with everyone on NBUS! Take care and keep safe. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and vibrant and wonderful shoes Zoe....Thanks for the memories too x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx