Carpe Diem

I could not get this made fast enough!  Last month one of the More Than Words team wondered what I would make of this month's Prompt.   Well this is where my imagination took me instantly!


The Creative Process.  Carpe Diem (the prompt) Seize the Day, that has to be the word Day grasped in the hands.  So last evening I drew the hands and word Day, hands coloured with ProMarkers Day painted with Starlite acrylics.  Background page, Using more ProMarkers shapes drawn (scribbled) onto the page in blue, Yellow and Orange arrows pointing up and down added and finally some very pale blue drops.  The Alcohol blending fluid dripped onto the various marks.  Stampin' up stamps for the clock face and the little bi-plane.  The phase Carpe Diem is an old Rogue Redhead stamp.  Finally the photograph that is my son and me, over 30 years ago now when I used to sky dive (badly) most week-ends.   The jacket Mark is wearing is actually one of mine he was about 13 at the time.  No we did not jump from Bi-planes but single engine Cessna's I would however love to do a "wing walk" on a Bi-plane.

So lovely team at More Than Words here is the 9th page in my MTW journal, make of it what you will but it is about seizing the day and if those hands are not mark making well! hahaha   Then I see a new challenge has started on Mondays Inspiration Station #1 Picture Inspiration.  This challenge is run by my CFD teamie Donna.  They also have a DT call if anyone reading this is interested, Donna I might be will contact you hun.

 

Now I really think I have to do some of the dreaded, so glad I managed a little play!  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask & Have Fun

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness -what a brilliant interpretation of the challenge! I love everything about this - the subject matter, the drawn hands, everything! So glad you could join us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is REALLY cool! Thank you for entering this months challenge at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a stunning and creative work of art! I just LOVE those hands and how they are holding the word day. This is creativity at it finest!!! Thanks so much for joining us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Love it! Nothing says Carpe Diem like a bit of sky diving! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. I live your creation. Thanks for joining us at MTW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lala, this is such an amazing project, and the hands are amazing too! Love everything about it! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Love this page and your creativity. LOvely take for MTW challenhe. Dt Vidhi Jadeja

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to frame a photo! This is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle création j'adore cette interprétation de notre challenge MTW ! bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, Definitely seizing the day. Thanks for joining us at MTW challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful !
    Thanks for joining us at
    More Than Words Challenges!
    Olya Ragozina***

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx