Creative Artiste GD

Absolutely thrilled to be chosen as a winner at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge last year and to have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on the challenge is very exciting.  I love this challenge, and all mixed media challenges, as they invite us to be out of the box creative and I love trying new things and experimenting.

For this occasion I looked at doing something different.  One of my hobbies/interests is making jewellery, in order to display some of my makes I have a number of stands.  It is a flat black plush one that got a makeover this time.


I'm sorry but being completely absorbed in the work making stage photos never entered my head.

To start with a stencil, of unknown origin, was placed on the stand and silver embossing paste pushed through it.  This dreamcatcher is such a pretty design, it set my thoughts down the path of captured and fading dreams.

A Butterfly stamp used 3 times across the top with Versamark clear ink and Perfect Pearls, the butterflies seem to be fading into and held captive by the background.  To introduce colour various Chameleon pens painted the now dry paste, the main circle with the moon and net left plain silver.

A piece of watercolour paper marked with Brushos and gilding flakes used to die cut the Bird and cage.  The cage is on sticky pads and stands proud of stand, perfect for holding earrings.  The wax paper used when die cutting offers a whole new dimension to embellishments here a foliage piece has been used together with crafters foam leaves and flowers.

This stand now has pride of place on the dressing table, it is still very functional as a jewellery stand but also looks marvellous on it's own.



Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge is always interesting and stimulating I urge you to see for yourself and hope you are tempted to join in the creativity, remember Anything Goes.

Follower's Badge

Other challenges I'd like to share this with

Love to Craft - #56 March Anything Goes

The Funkie Junkie Boutique - Anything Vintage/Shabby Chic 


SPREAD THE CRAFTY LOVE - grab a badge! 

Comments

  1. So glad I got to see this up close Zoe as at first I thought it was a tag. beautifully decorated jewellery stand, I have altered many of my own over time.
    Congratulations on being our March Guest Designer @ Creative Artiste. I'm glad I caught you and was able to pop over and leave you a comment.
    Stay safe & keep creative Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations on guest designing Zoe x. What a unique and useful mixed media creation. Great starting point with the stencilling and what a beautiful project x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great transformation to a plain black jewelry stand. I love that your bird cage embellishment is also useful as it holds the earrings. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Canvas. The details are so pretty. Love the design. Thank you for joining us as guest artist at Creative artiste this month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a stunning make! The design looks amazing and I love the dreamcatcher and how beautifully you coloured it with the embossing powders 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Creative Artiste as Guest Designer this month! Wishing you a Happy March! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot. What a super make, hope you are doing ok, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and an elegant stand for your jewelry. Congratulations, Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. I love this. It’s so unique and so beautiful. Thank you for joining the challenge at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a striking display piece, well done and very creative! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge. We hope you continue to play with us!  XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx