It might be said I'm on one!

So many new goodies have been added to my stash recently, but there will probably not be any more for quite a while now.   Why would there be when the are so many things to be played with, and not forgetting the much cherished goodies I've had for years.  Part with any? not on your life!

It is also the first F1 race of the 2021 season and with seasons changes it is going to be an exciting season.  Still in bubbles and wearing masks stands looking sad and empty but the race promises to be a good one.

Still managed to spend a bit of time in the craft room earlier


I wanted a black and white card that had as much drama as one in full colour.  The edge die is an older cover die that I cannot for the life of me get to cut through card!  But it does cut through wax paper very nicely.  A wax cut then was used first as a mask/stencil over a failed cut, black ink pushed through.  Then had the bright idea of leaving it in place to really make the edge stand out.  

Then stamping using the blossom stamp and die from Simply Cards and Papercraft 215.  Stamped in black and then using the die to cut them out.  There is a tip in the magazine of using a "waste" from a previous cut with the die to help line up the die cutting.  It works a treat.  Three branches attached to the card and some old black and white gems help tidy up their ends.  All that remained a simple greeting again from the new magazine set.

Challenges

Allsorts - #617/618 Anything Goes with option of Monochrome (fortnight)

Color Hues - #14 Black and White


Well the race has now started so I'll stop.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask & Have Fun

Comments

  1. Cracking make.

    I put myself under a stash ban for the New Year .... but ... three ink pads, a stencil and two stamps set arrived just last week!! What are we like!

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realise you were an F1 fan Zoe, same here (as well as footie/Liverpool). Exciting race yesterday wasn't it and personally was pleased to see Sir L come out the winner. As you rightly say it's a very sad sight seeing the stands and stadiums empty, one can't help but wonder if or when things will go back to normal.

    Gorgeous monochromatic creation today. Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts AG/Mono theme.

    B x

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant design with our Black and White combo at Color Hues. I love the fact that you made a stencil since you can't get the die to cut! Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love how the branches add so much dimension! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great result! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Zoe. I remembered you are a F1 fan. I live quite close to Mr Bottas, and seen him few times. Nice man. And my hubby is working in a project to Mr Räikkönen. So obviously we follow the races too;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx