Knock Knock

Something a little different again.   Well I don't like to repeat myself and this kit really caught my eye capturing my imagination.


Overall this little door knocker is almost 14" long while wing tip to wing tip 10".  It occupied all my time yesterday when I wasn't getting my daily steps in.  Mixing acrylics then hoping there would be enough of that resulting colour for the bit I was working on.  Starting with the wood slice base where I aimed for a seasoned wood look.   

The Owl is the outline with wings, then the body and finally head and feet.   There is a lot of Burnt Orange in the mixes.  For the rocker I turned to the starlites for a more metallic appearance.  When everything had been stuck together the idea of Steampunk sprang to mind.   The larger cogs and things came from the Craft Box, the smaller parts on the wings are from eBay even more years ago.

It is a bit to big to go on my front door so not sure where it is going to live, yet.

Challenges

SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge - Always anything Steampunk goes.

A Bit More Time to Craft - #135 Anything Goes

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything goes if there is a Critter

More Mixed Media - Anything Goes with the option of Green 

Creative Moments - #210 Anything Goes

613 Avenue - #3 2021 Anything Goes (Option make a slider card, not this time)

  LOOKING FOR OUR CURRENT CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE

OUR BLOG BADGE

Now today has seen something else going on in the craft room.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask & Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Fabulous project! Love the idea of little door knocker and how you put all together. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful project ! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    xx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rusty feel to this beautiful make! Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Owl! Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx