Nice day to get out on the bike

Trouble was a dog ran into my front wheel and then a bit further along discovered that the rear tyre was flat as a pancake.  Gonna need a new inner tube me thinks.   Fortunately I'd not gone to far so the walk home was not a long one.

Yesterday it was way to windy to go out so had a happy play in the craft room.

This card is already on it's way to Dorset for my Granddaughter's Birthday on the 1st.


Base card is pale blue, stamp is a new one from Aall and Create and unusually for me very cute!  Coloured her keeping on the blue theme with a little pink.  Sentiment from the same set also stamped in blue.

Sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - #194 Birthday

We Love Chocolate Baroque - March "I Love ...."

 Feel free to share on your own blog 


Then I had a little play with some crafters foam die cut into flower shapes.




Heat not applied this time the various die cuts were folded and rolled then some twisted in my fingers others just rolled in my fingers.  Others were just crumpled and rolled in my palms.  Having made up the flowers and loving the results looked around to see how I could use them

I've often made over camembert boxes the cheese is delicious on crisp bread with grapes for lunch!  Over time the boxes have become more and more fragile.  They used to be thin plywood top and bottom.  Now they seem to be thin ply top and card bottom circles with thin ply wood stapled onto the circles to make the walls.  Cheese is well wrapped so as packaging its fine, but if you want to make it over when the cheese is all gone its a bit more fiddly.

First the whole piece was given a good cover of white gesso.  Then I used some wide washi tape to secure the walls and top/base.  Over this on the top some Pretty Gets Gritty resist paste has been spread.  To be honest this stuff is disappointing so I'm just using it up when an opportunity presents itself.   For added texture I added some Pretty Gets Gritty marble paste, now this stuff is ace and gives a lovely rocky texture.  Over all of this a coat of gold paint form Imagination crafts was added.  When everything was dry, I prefer to let these things dry naturally.

Now the surface was ready for the Foam flowers and leaves.  Tried a few arrangements then when I was happy everything glued into place.  There was going to be a butterfly then the idea of a feather came up and was used instead.

Challenges

Try it on Tuesday - Hello Spring.  Spring for me is all about new growth, fresh flowers, birds setting up home in new nests, longer days, everything seems fresh and bright.

Gem of a Challenge - #7-2021 Anything Goes

Pop this on your blog to find us fast! 

I'm sure I'll have something else to share with you tomorrow.  Until then Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Sweet card for your Granddaughter and gorgeous foamoran flowers! Love everything Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quirky and fun birthday card for your granddaughter x. You are so good at making these beautiful flowers and great idea to re-use the cheese box. Liking the sound of the grit marble paste for the texture x. Sorry about your bike ride x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week, Nelly dt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and those flowers look amazing on your box. Sounds like a nice little de-stresser. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card for your granddaughter's birthday. That little girl is just darling. Love the clean and simple feel of your card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking your granddaughter will love this cute card! Thank you for sharing it with us at ATCAS! xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx