Avant garde birds

Absolutely fell in love with this Funky Fossil set and knew I needed to do something a little different with them. The stencil behind is Dina Wakley with DI Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutter, and Squeezed Lemonade dusted through it. The top bird is stamped onto an old Creative Essentials magazine page and fussy cut. 

In contrast the mirror image stamp was used on card and is mounted on sticky pads. The two sentiments came from the same set. Blue Skies is an old sky divers greeting are you telling us something Sarah?  The only other stamp I've seen with this greeting on is one I had made just for me donkeys years ago.

Why Avant garde? well it is how I described this Funky Fossil image to a friend it is such a new take on a well trodden path. 


So whose linky collection can I add this to?

International Art and Soul - #106 Winged Creatures

Allsorts - #619 Butterflies, Birds & Bees (actually I'm hatching something else up for this challenge as well! stay turned)

Cute Card Thursday - #681 Wings


Wells far today we have had Sunshine, Rain & Hail guess it's spring.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, with further easing of Lockdown in England tomorrow your Mask is more important than ever.  Most of all HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. A beautiful creation, Zoe! So perfect for our Birds, Bees or Butterflies theme at Allsorts challenge!
    Thank you so much for joining in and hope you'll stop by again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clearly enjoyed making this card Zoe and great memories of sky diving x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely background with a lovely image and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Butterflies, Birds and Bees' challenge at Allsorts.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These birds really are something a little different aren't they Zoe, they have such a realistic look to them, many thanks for joining in with our 'Butterfield, Birds and Bees' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card for our challenge at International Art and Soul Zoe. I love the idea of stamping your first butterfly onto a magazine page. I'd never have thought of thought of that in a month of Sundays - and it works so well. Great sentiments to match you images. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at International Art and soul challenges.
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx