Common or Garden Sparrows are very pretty

These little birds are, in my view, underrated.   We do not always see or appreciate how colourful they are or how pretty their makings.  Yes there are more colourful if not flashy birds but our humble little sparrow has a lot to offer if you take a moment to look.

When I'm out for a walk it is not uncommon to find flocks of these birds going about their business all in the same bush or tree.  They also have a lot to say for themselves, to them it might be squabbling, to our ears it is quite a pleasant sound.


The bird image here is from Inkylicious the resemblance to a sparrow is obvious so I googled Sparrow to get pictures as my colour guide.  Cannot say for certain when I got this stamp sometime in the last 5 years at a craft show in Doncaster, as there were no shows in 2020 I know it is more than 1 year old.  Chameleon pens used to colouring and then it was fussy cut.

The flower is from a 2019 cover set stamped 6 times coloured and fussy cut.   Initially I was going to place them in a circle around the bird but on reflection decided I liked them in the corners better.   The mat beneath all this fussy cutting and colouring is a torn square(ish) piece of printed tissue, used primarily to break up an otherwise stark white background.

Here come the challenges I'm sharing this with.

Retro Rubber - #155 Rainbow Connection

Just us Girls - #577 Spring Time Picture Inspiration

Double Trouble - #80 Use the stuff in your stash old and new, option your favourite colouring medium = Chameleon Pens

Always Fun - Rainbows (red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple)

Country View Crafts - The Birds and the Bees

Moving Along with the Times - Animals/Birds

RRCB 155   Grab our button

Help yourself to our buddy button 

Well I think this is quite enough, don't you.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask & HAVE FUN (I did)!

Comments

  1. Great take on the challenge. The flowers are definitely showcasing the rainbow colors. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you've used the rainbow of flowers to frame the sparrow. You're right about the ordinary things so often being overlooked by flashier things. Thanks for playing a long with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and a perfect reflection of the spring season. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is fun! All the Spring flowers and of course that bird :) -- Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I completely agree that sparrows are amazing little birds.

    Thanks for sharing this with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout and it was a good idea to put the flowers in the corners and giving the freedom of the bird... great background. I too often look at google for the colors used for your image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice use of the rainbow colors, and I like the tissue paper, that is a great way to change up a white background. Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges and at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The printed tissue paper background is perfect for the pretty flowers and the wonderful little sparrow x. Happy Easter Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cascade of rainbow colored flowers looks amazing around this little sparrow, what a beautiful card!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun creation...your flowers are so pretty, but I love that little sparrow! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card!!! I love the contrast between the colourful flowers and the brown bird!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx