Gotta love a commission

Well yesterday was just what the doctor ordered picked my friend up and off we went to the outlet centre at Doncaster.   The sun was shining, parking was free and the coffee shop had a fantastic arrangement.  There are only a limited number of outside tables and obviously you cannot sit inside at the moment.  So you tell the chap on the door that you want a table and then wait until one comes free. He then reserves that for you while you go into the shop to get what you want.  This guarantees that you will have a table, if anyone tries to step in and take the table he goes over and explains the system.  Everyone was polite and accepting that they needed to wait their turn.  We made use of the cafe twice and Stephen on the door explained that when they can start to serve us inside again the same system will be used.  It would be wonderful if this became the norm.

While we were out Jill told me that her other half is going to be 70 in a few days would I make her card for him.  I talked her into two, well he did get her 3 for her last birthday!  She agreed to a romantic one and knowing Jill does not like hearts saying they have become very overused I refrained from including anything like that.

The romantic card


The background took some hunting out, I had to go through just about all the paper mountain to find some that felt right!  The couple are from an old Tanda set, stamped and embossed with black ep.  Fussy cut and then coloured with ProMarkers.  Some of the ep had not melted properly a happy accident Jill told me that her husband used to have Auburn hair and this enabled me to reflect that on the card.  Printed vellum die cut with a fancy die provided the backdrop to the couple.

I don't think Jill's husband even knows what a blog is so I'm quite safe seeing this card with you all.

Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More - #403 Birthdays

Watercooler Wednesday - #314 Dawn's Challenge All About Occasions


  

Spending a lot of time at the moment setting up the new challenge, River of Creativity, so might be a bit quieter here!  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask, and HAVE FUN


Comments

  1. What a lovely time out you had with your friend Zoe x. What a fabulous and thoughtful card and love how the gentleman's hair turned out x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all waiting to be able to take any drink outside but all the coffee shops, restaurants have been closed since the end of October and we even don't know when the lockdown will be over... so I can imagine easily how pleasant this moment must have been ! I'm sure your friend will be very grateful for this beautiful card you've made for her husband. Love the PP you've chosen for the background as well as the fancy vellum die cut which grounds the lovely couple. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and I love that touch of vellum. Reminds me of Clark Gable and Jennifer Leigh lol and I bet it was very much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed your day out. I'm hoping for a similar one at Cheshire Oaks soon.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you could finally visit a coffee shop with your friend!! Enjoy this freedom and I hope the restrictions lessen more soon. I'm sure your friend's husband loved this lovely card. I'm amazed they receive more than one card on their birthday! So lucky!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge ! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx